Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: TT first hand at table!

But TT is exactly the same as 99, or 88, or any mid to small PP - cant stand overcards on the flop and will be vulnerable in what is likley to be a multiway raised pot out of position, and forced to turn itself into a bluff on the flop by cbetting, being floated and cf the turn. You must think about the play to the river and what type of flops you are going to be able to continue OOP in a multiway raised pot, and there arent many.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Ama, how do you play JJ there?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the subject of a whole thread which you'll find on the front page. I havent inputted there yet but Ive been flatcalling there with good results so far and Im thinking about defaulting to that line.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:17 AM

Also, more than anything the fact that this is your first hand at the table should make you more apt to be cautious rather than aggressive particularly out of position because you have no idea of your opponents calling tendencies.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the subject of a whole thread which you'll find on the front page. I havent inputted there yet but Ive been flatcalling there with good results so far and Im thinking about defaulting to that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, thanks I will have a read. I personally think JJ is an easy 3bet, 99 is an easy call and 1010 is very marginal, thus our difference of opinion maybe?
Possibly the other thread will change my thinking though.

Edit: this also comes down to reads (of which I had none here) and post flop skill. 3betting pre flop makes later decisions somewhat easier I feel
Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, more than anything the fact that this is your first hand at the table should make you more apt to be cautious rather than aggressive particularly out of position because you have no idea of your opponents calling tendencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely Agree
Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 AM

Back to the actual hand, what sorta range do we put SB on?
IMO he never has QQ-AA here, JJ I think is a possibility but I think this is AJ, AQ, KQ, lower PP etc.
Given the dead money and the fact he is a shortstack (another reason to widen his range) I think I can shove as an +EV play.
Opinions?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM

His range is weighted towards hands which are ahead of yours. I would say sometimes AA/KK but something more like QQ/JJ, AK, AQs, stuff like that. Its either "cool I got action now I push" or "wow I just want to get it in because I dont want to play postflop". I personally fold pretty easily, its a flip at best and readless I lay it down.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back to the actual hand, what sorta range do we put SB on?
IMO he never has QQ-AA here, JJ I think is a possibility but I think this is AJ, AQ, KQ, lower PP etc.
Given the dead money and the fact he is a shortstack (another reason to widen his range) I think I can shove as an +EV play.
Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]
As played I agree. I think a lot of people may have missed that the SB cold called and then repopped preflop. I wouldn't say he never has JJ+ there, but I think it is rare.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 AM

I hate to agree with the consensus, but I don't think I like this 3-bet either.

Sure, you fold out junk, which makes the hand easier to play when the flop is raggy, but who are you getting calls from here? Hands that are either small-dogs or big favorites (okay so maybe the occasional smaller PP, but without reads this can still lead to an icky situation post-flop, since ranges will be fairly narrow after the 3-bet). So it folds out weaker hands, and could win the pot pre-flop but then, as ama said, using that logic why not make the same play with 72o?

I think the best line here, without reads, is to call and play fit-or-fold.

Edit for slow post: Your right, he might be skewed abit to the Ax range, but again, without reads, who knows? So you might be slightly +ev here. Maybe call/shove if you want to gamble?