Old 05-08-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Hijacked repost

200NL blinds $1/$2 9 handed
Effective chips stacks $200

UTG is a solid player.
Button is unknown.
Hero is tight aggresive.

Hero has

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB post $1, BB posts $2, UTG raises to $8, Hero calls,3 callers after Hero, blinds fold.

FLOP $38 (5 Players)

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG Bets $25, Hero calls, Button Calls, others fold.

Turn $113 (3 players)

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG leads $113, Hero ????

Flop call bad?

After getting flamed for thinking about folding.

Wow, guess I should explain my reasoning. On the flop I can put UTG on a lot of hands, Button overcalling concerns me. What is he calling a raise PF with and just over calling with on such a dry flop that I can beat? AK? AQ? A6s? This seems like a reasonable line for 66. The fact he overcalls with no draws on the board concerns me.

UTG leading pot on turn concerns me, does he really do that in what was a 5 way preflop raised pot with 2 callers on that dry of a flop with AK? He is a solid player. Is it possible he has 66, AA, or a doubtful 99? So if he does have AK, am I putting both players here on AK?

Please flame me for my logic.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Hijacked repost

[ QUOTE ]
Flop call = good.

Turn = close eyes and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Callllll.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Blah. I often raise flop becuase I am a LAG and will stack UTG's AJ often, but yeah, it's fine. What possible reason would there ever be for folding?

Seriously what.
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Why ever call an UTG preflop raise with 22, if you are not going to get allin on this board?

It is more likely he has AK than AA, so just get allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the consensus here was to get it all in. He could easily have AK, both of them could or one could even have AQ. One could have a set, but it is not nearly as likely given the action as both having an A. On the button there I would feel pretty confident that one of the two of you would go with me if I had 66, and go ahead and raise.

With that said, I probably raise the flop to try to get it all in there.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:30 PM

Button could have a lot of hands still. He could have some weak aces or middle PP's. The UTG certainly could have AA, but that is the only realistic hand that you are worried about. He is much more likely to a TPTK type hand.

It comes back to an earlier point. When you call with 22 you are hoping to flop a set and stack a overpair of TPTK type hand. If he has AA, tough luck. It is more likely(or at least just as likely) that he has AK/AQ and occasionally something weird.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Does AA raise UTG, bet out 3/4 pot on that dry flop and then pot a blank turn? I just dont' see that happening. All he would get action from is other sets. I guess 66 makes more sense for UTG, either that or AK/AQ.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button could have a lot of hands still. He could have some weak aces or middle PP's . The UTG certainly could have AA, but that is the only realistic hand that you are worried about. He is much more likely to a TPTK type hand.

It comes back to an earlier point. When you call with 22 you are hoping to flop a set and stack a overpair of TPTK type hand. If he has AA, tough luck. It is more likely(or at least just as likely) that he has AK/AQ and occasionally something weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think he may have overcalled with a pair less than an A?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does AA raise UTG, bet out 3/4 pot on that dry flop and then pot a blank turn? I just dont' see that happening. All he would get action from is other sets. I guess 66 makes more sense for UTG, either that or AK/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got called in two spots on the flop. Why shouldn't he bet strongly on the turn? AA wants to get its money in and when he it is getting called in two spots on a dry flop it can do that by continuing to bet.

66 can be in there, depends whether or not UTG will raise it preflop. I would discount it.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the turn bet didnt seem like AA to me either. It also seemed like too big of a bet for AK though. But, UTG he have AK.

Why are you not concerned about the Button cold call though? If the button folds the flop, this is an easy all in for me.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Button could have a lot of hands still. He could have some weak aces or middle PP's . The UTG certainly could have AA, but that is the only realistic hand that you are worried about. He is much more likely to a TPTK type hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly... I am not saying they are a big part of his range, but he is an unknown so you need to account for some random crap that you are ahead of until he is proved he is good.

He also was getting decent odds closing the action after you just called.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly... I am not saying they are a big part of his range, but he is an unknown so you need to account for some random crap that you are ahead of until he is proved he is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is getting 3 to 1 and is 10-1 to improve. This to me would be a horrible call, but I have seen stranger things on 200NL.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is getting 3 to 1 and is 10-1 to improve. This to me would be a horrible call, but I have seen stranger things on 200NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you getting 10:1? Why aren't you consider stack sizes?

Why do you think he isn't horrible?