Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Why aren't I the voluptuous black lady?
Because I'm a douche 31 26.27%
Because I'm stupid 24 20.34%
Because I don't like +EV 63 53.39%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

There's obviously a big psychological aspect to poker. If you are too impatient or easily frustrated you'll have a very hard time doing well no matter how much you learn about the game. Also, there's a social element. For many people poker is too confrontational.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I made sure to have fun with them and say we were obviously colluding, and when he sends his email make sure he includes the solid evidence.. we both like family guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this.

FluorescentHippo and Spacegravy had their accounts locked because of FH's I <3 Spacegravy avatar.

Another guy had his account locked for saying "I am a bot" when someone suggested it.

While both these situations were resolved, it's an unnecessary hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really locked SG's account? Thats pretty sick, they had to know he was like the highest volume STT player on the site. Maybe Stars support isn't as bright as I had hoped.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM

oh yay i just had a +8 buy-in session right when i needed it the most. either games were really good or my new table selection strategy is the shipzor.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM

Highlight of playing 1/3 at the Wynn on Monday. I win a pot by betting on the river on an 783AA board with 42, show my hand while the dealer is pushing me the pot, and announce nut low. Guy at the other end of the table says "You want to hear a high-low split joke?" How could I say no?

Two cavemen are playing Stud/8. They finish the betting on seventh street. The first caveman turns over his hand and announces "Two pair, aces up, and a six low." The second caveman says "That's pretty good, but I have a wheel." The first caveman replies "What the hell is that?"

Get it? ...because they're cavemen... wheel... Stud/8 joke.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM

I like it Slim, but should the wheel guy maybe not be a caveman? /nit
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM

wtf Stars has 10 man 225s now that show up more than 1 at a time, but the 225s are the only addition I see, wtf random.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it Slim, but should the wheel guy maybe not be a caveman? /nit

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh... maybe. Them both being cavemen makes the joke simpler though. It does open up a whole line of jokes like: "He's so old, when he started playing they had to play lowball deuce-to-seven because the whell hadn't been invented yet."
Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM

So my roommate and I decided to throw a party Friday night (we live in an apartment building that is considered on campus housing)

anyways, we sent out facebook invites to like 80ish people last night. One of whom was our RA who has always been pretty cool and is pretty hot and asian.

So today my roomate gets a message from her that says
' Hi Tim,
Last week I went around each apartment and you all weren't home so this is probably why you did not get the message.
There are no parties allowed on my floor for the rest of the semester. There have been a lot of administrative issues on my floor and I pretty much have been bashed on by most of the co-RAs.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble. Please do not have the party. The last thing I need is to have another party being busted by an RA and having to get in trouble. I really hope you understand where I am coming from.'

She is a pretty good RA, has always been nice to us, and even cooked us dinner once, but we really want to have this party and she is like causing us to have a total bummer dude

basically, she is on probation and stuff, (i assume because she is a bad RA or something, it has nothing to do with anything that we have ever done wrong)

so now we have to decide if we should listen to her or not.

(fwiw, last semester we had like 10-20 people over getting drunk pretty much every single weekend and we never got in trouble or anything, this is the first party we are having this semester)

your thoughts STTF.....

cliffnotes - we want to throw party, RA asks us not to, we are deciding if we should listen or just party anyway
Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM

I'm moving to DC! (NSFW!!!)
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(fwiw, last semester we had like 10-20 people over getting drunk pretty much every single weekend and we never got in trouble or anything, this is the first party we are having this semester)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it wasn't you or any of those particular events, but the fact that these things happened and the residents didn't get into trouble is why she's in trouble.

I guess you could tell her that if she gets fired and kicked out she can stay with you.
Closed Thread