Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 12:34 AM

Default NBA Playoffs Thread

Predictions

(I think I have all the matchups right)

Detroit in 5 over Orlando
Cleveland in 4 over Washington
Toronto in 6 over New Jersey
Miami in 7 over Bulls

Rd 2
Detroit in 7 over Miami
Toronto in 6 over Cleveland

ECF
Detroit in 5 over Toronto

West

Dallas in 6 over GSW
Phx in 6 over LAL
SAS in 5 over Denver
Houston in 7 over Utah

Rd 2

Dallas in 6 over Houston
SAS in 5 over Suns

WCF

Dallas in 7 over SAS

Finals

Dallas in 5 over Detroit
Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]

Toronto in 7 over Cleveland
this will be one of the best series' in the playoffs, maybe its just because i am from toronto [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 AM

Clark,

What are you, some Dallas hater? Everyone knows the NBA is canceling the Finals because Detroit will forfeit rather than get their butts kicked 150-0 at home.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 AM

Why not...

East:
DET over ORL in 4
CLE over WAS in 4
TOR over NJN in 5
CHI over MIA in 7

DET over CHI in 7
TOR over CLE in 6

DET over TOR in 6

West:
DAL over GSW in 5
PHX over LAL in 5
SAS over DEN in 5
HOU over UTA in 6

DAL over HOU in 6
SAS over PHX in 6

DAL over SAS in 7

Finals:
DAL over DET in 6
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 AM

Has the schedule has been released yet?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has the schedule has been released yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question, im gonna be in PHX the 11th-14th or 15th and am hoping game 2 or 5 or 7 of spurs/suns fall in that range

suns in 5
suns in 7
suns in 7
suns in 7
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

What are you, some Dallas hater? Everyone knows the NBA is canceling the Finals because Detroit will forfeit rather than get their butts kicked 150-0 at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? prop bet?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:26 AM

Utah over Houston in 6.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 AM

East:
DET over ORL in 5
CLE over WAS in 4
TOR over NJN in 7
MIA over CHI in 6

DET over MIA in 5
CLE over TOR in 7

DET over CLE in 6

West:
GSW over DAL in 6
PHX over LAL in 5
SAS over DEN in 5
HOU over UTA in 5

GSW over HOU in 6
PHX over SAS in 7

GSW over PHX in 6

Finals:
DET over GSW in 7
Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 AM

Default The Bobbo\'s Predictions

East, Round 1.
Magic (8) vs Pistons (1)
Grats to the magic getting there. fighting off the pacers / rest of the bad East teams, Grant Hill deserves this. Darko welcomes back his old team, and Howard will gain invaluable playoff experience, cementing his status as one of the best young franchise guys. That said, Pistons will sweep, 4-0.

Wizards (7) vs Cavs (2)
Lebron et al cant be any happier, securing the #2 seed and the easy matchup vs wizards for round 1. I'm somewhat (on a personal level) saddened that the Wiz lost both Gilbert and Caron, since I thought they had a legit chance to play loser to the west in the finals. Oh well, Cavs sweep the now-horrible Antawn led Wiz, 4-0.

Nets (6) vs Raptors (3)
The Nets moved up from fringe playoff team to a solid 8th not because of their own play (although 8-2 down the stretch doesnt hurt!) but moreso because of the ineptitude of everyone else (sixers, pacers, magic, wizard freefalling bc of injuries). Kidd is savy, Vince is playing for a potential max contract, and it looks like Richard Jefferson is somewhat healthy. Still, they start Mikki Moore and Jason Collins, which is by far the worst frontline in the playoffs. Bosh will be far too much to handle for these guys. The Raptors are young, but will win 4-2 and advance to the 2nd round.

Bulls (5) vs Heat (4)
Although the 5 seed, the Bulls have homecourt because of the stupid playoff system. (wtf, just call them the 4 seed!* same deal with the Rockets/Jazz) This is imo the only interesting East Round 1 matchup because either team can win. Without sounding too tired by repeating others, this hinges on Shaq and Alonzo. (Not so much on the frontcourts, since Dwayne vs Gordon/Luol should be more or less a wash) If Wallace can contain Shaq, GG. Interestingly though, I think either the Heat will sweep 4-0 or it will go 7 games with the Bulls pulling through. I dont want to not pick one, so I'll give the nod to the young Bulls with Tyrus Thomas being the X factor, 4-3 win.

2nd Round:
Bulls (5) vs Pistons (1)
This is yet another interesting matchup - both teams are very well coached, neither team has a megastar, yet both teams have alot of talent balanced around. Chauncey/Rip/Tayshaun are a better backcourt then Hinrich/Gordon/Luol, although it's close. Cwebb/Sheed/Dice man are better then Brown/Thomas/Wallace, although that, too, is close. Pistons win 4-2, with Carlos Delfino being the X-factor.

Raptors (3) vs Cavs (2)
I'd love to say the Raptors will move on to the ECF, but they wont. They're dont have a shutdown answer for Lebron. (BTW, Raptors fans, who will draw that defensive assignment?) Im interested as well if they stick Z on Bosh or whatnot. Any case, I love Lebron, I dont love his teammates, but it's a testament to how good he is and the somewhat easy draw they have to say they will move on to the ECF. Cavs win 4-1, even though Larry Hughes is a huge fish.

ECF
Cavs (2) vs Pistons (1)
The Pistons have been here before. They play elite defense. They can shutdown Lebron, his teammates, even the fans in the front row. This wont be as interesting as Bulls vs Pistons, simply because I feel the Bulls are the 2nd best Eastern team. Pistons will win 4-1, repping the East in the finals.

West, Round 1.
Warriors (8) vs Mavs (1)
This is a homerism. Warriors win 4-2. Hopefully I'll get playoff tickets to watch it. The small lineup will work wonders, Nellie > Avery.

Lakers (7) vs Suns (2)
LOL Kobe. Welcome to sweepville. Suns 4-0, Nash doesnt break a sweat. Showcasing why he should be MVP again, even though he'll finish 2nd to Dirk.

Nuggets (6) vs Spurs (3)
The problem with this matchup is that although the Nuggets are incredibly hot, and a VERY good team (would be best in the East, I think) they face the Spurs. The Spurs are one of those teams that dont try in the regular season yet get a top seed, then play much better then their competition. Yes, I hate Manu/TD/etc. and their obnoxious whining, but I think they're the best team in the league. AI will play very well, as will Nene/Etc. but they'll fall to TD's statue face (with the occasional jackass grin) 4-2, Spurs.

Rockets (5) vs Jazz (4)
I love the Jazz, they should've grabbed homecourt, but whatever. 4-0 Jazz.

2nd Round:
Warriors (8) vs Jazz (4)
Too bad Warriors have to lose to my favorite team here. 4-0 Jazz.

Spurs (3) vs Suns (2)
I dont need to say much, bc everyone else will say too much. Spurs win 4-3 in the best series of the playoffs.

WCF
Jazz (4) vs Spurs (3)
Sigh, no more Homer left in me, Hello championship Spurs. Another good series, but it only goes 6 as the Spurs win 4-2.

Finals, Pistons vs Spurs: Spurs sweep.