Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: QB Day (Culpepper, Kitna, more?)

[ QUOTE ]

I think they're talking about Abe + 4th for Schaub + 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett, I like your analysis. Abraham is a 3 time pro-bowler, Schaub is totally unproven. If I were the Jets I wouldn't even want to send them the 4th round pick they got for Herm with Abe for Schaub and a 2nd.

I'd rather get Schaub and the Falcons 2006 2nd for Abe + a 2007 conditional pick (anywhere from a 3rd to a 6th) depending on Schaub's stats and playing time.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather get Schaub and the Falcons 2006 2nd for Abe + a 2007 conditional pick (anywhere from a 3rd to a 6th) depending on Schaub's stats and playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this better.

If we move Abe to Atl., we need either their first round pick or Schaub. Supposedly they offered their 2nd and 3rd. Bradway would have taken it. Hell, he'd probably have taken less. But the new guys said no, thank god.

I think Atl also floated the idea of Schaub + their 1st (#15) + their third for Abe and the 4th pick. Me no likey. That 4th pick has a lot of value, and I think we could get more for it in a trade down, or simply use the damn thing. If we trade Abe, I wouldn't mind me some Mario Williams. D'Brick is obv good too.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A 6? As in a 6th round pick? Umm, John Abraham is a pro-bowl defensive end, one of the best pass rushers in the league. He's not the most versatile guy, but his run defense has improved and he's going to get you 10-12 sacks/year, plus whatever value you put on every passing down double teams. I think with Kerney, that would be a lot of effing value. I think Schaub has a lot of value too, but him plus a 6th is ludicrous. You're talking about a three-time pro-bowler at end and a unproven back-up quarterback. What the hell was that guy's name, from Jaxsonville, went to Buffalo, sucked a lot? Really I can't remember, but right now Schaub is him.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is if I were the Falcons, I would see these as my options ...

1) Trade Schaub AND A SECOND ROUNDER for a one-dimensional pass rusher with a history of knee issues and an attitude that is far from ideal. Yes, Abraham's run D is improving but it still stinks compared to the D-Ends he wants to get paid like.

2) Sit Schaub on the bench for another year, tender him at one of the two levels, and bank that another team will sign him (meaning the Falcons will get at least a 1st for him and probably a first and a third).

Essentially, choice A is Abraham (at Abraham $) and a Fourth this year and Choice B is a Second this year, and a First and maybe a Third next year.

I think I'm taking B.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Detroit now has Kitna and McNown. Obviously Harrington is gone. What does these two new QB's mean for Detroit? Who starts and how do they do in Martz's offense?
Old 03-16-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Detroit now has Kitna and McNown. Obviously Harrington is gone. What does these two new QB's mean for Detroit? Who starts and how do they do in Martz's offense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lions have already said a camp battle will decide starter.