Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: AA on an ugly board

Nasty spot.

The decision on the turn is either commit yourself or fold.

And in this situation I'm folding. I think if you're not already behind on the flop you are very likely behind on the turn with no real hope for improvement on the river.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM

I'd just like to comment on the suggestion of raising to $8 pf.

No. Never. I mean wtf!?!

The standard 3-bet is 3-4 times the opening raise, I usually make it 3,5*opener plus a little extra for limpers/callers in-between. If we raise to $8 we fold out all hands except QQ+ and maybe AK AND we can't 3-bet light (which you should do at NL 50 at least versus positionally aware opponents). We lose a ton of value we would have made if the opponent had called with AQ and hit his Tp. Sure, if we want to play this the easiest way possible we raise AI pf but that just might not be the best way and I hope you see why.

Pf here I'd raise to 5.5.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:17 AM

what is villans avrg agrression #? think you have to push or fold turn bet/folding turn is pretty much gross cause you cant fold if you bet cause youll be getting such good odds to call. I personally prob just push turn but I play 10nl and people show up with all sorts of crap here but you should prob go with a read in this spot.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 AM

Imo you are behind 77, and not much else. I cant see an 11/11 calling with Jx preflop. Theres a good chance he has QQ/KK making sure an ace didn't flop then value betting on the turn to protect his hand. That said, I think I shove the turn. I cant see myself folding to a jack or a house in this hand, its just too exploitable to let this hand go when faced by such a small group of hands we are behind.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 AM

As a suggestion for an alternative line - I'm happy to check this flop. The range he calls a 3-bet with pre-flop and can continue against a significant c-bet on this board is fairly slim. Obviously any J is calling, QQ,KK,77 - perhaps something like TT/99 would call one street in a blind battle. However, the range he can bet out against you if he thinks you are weak is a lot wider. He would bet the turn with the same hands he calls a c-bet with but he can try and take it away from you a lot as well. People call 3-bets in the blinds fairly lightly (even 11/11s) and you want to capitalise on that.

Assuming you check the flop and he bets the turn, you can definitely call. If he fires the river as well I think you can still call and if he checks to you I think there's some value in betting either street.