Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

My daughter was born on 10/6/92 and I was born on 4/6/74.

Her birth month is my 1/2 birthday, 6 months after my bday.

Our years:

9 + 2 = 11
7 + 4 = 11

Months:

10 - 6 = 4 (April)

4 + 6 = 10 (Oct)

We're wrapped up in mumerology together.

T
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM

A guy pulls in to my place of work in NC with a license plate wrap that says "you've got a friend in Sharon PA". My Army roommate was from there so i asked him if he knew the guy. He said yeah, his throat was cut by drug dealers in a deal gone bad. I give the guy BS description of him cause this is nothing like the guy I remembered. He describes my friend to a T. I go home and get the 3 listings for his name-call and get his Mom on the 1st one. I tell her i was her sons roommate in the Army and before i can get any farther she tells me he is on the other line. I freak out a little and call the guy and tell him the whole story. I am so relieved it wasnt him and then he tells me it was his Dad. True story.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 AM

So I'm a brand new 2nd Lt. in the Air Force and it's my first day on base at Navigator Training in Sacramento, CA. I don't know a soul on base and go to the orientation. I get to talking with a guy (Joe) from the Boston area (I'm from TX) and we're both needing a roomate, so we decide to split an apartment together.

Months roll along and Joe tells me his buddy from home is coming up from Boston for the weekend. Cool, we hang out go to a few clubs. Joe is engaged at the time so me and Joe's cousin end up picking up these two girls from Ireland. Next day we're bragging about the conquest and Joe calls his buddy by his last name. I didn't know his last name yet, just his first and I'm like, man that's a weird name. My best friend in TX has the same last name. Turns out they are cousins.

So I'm like, let me get this straight...I just happen to pick a random roommate in California. This roommate's best friend grew up down the street from him, went to elementary and jr/sr high with him, then on to college where they were pledge brothers and it turns out this guy is MY best friend's cousin. My best friend who also happened to live down the street from me in TX, went to elementary, jr/sr high and also college where we were pledge brothers. And not 9 months prior, we ALSO picked up two random Irish girls at a bar back in TX.

And yes those were the only Irish girls I ever picked up. And no I don't have pics.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:13 PM

My brothers birthday is 5/2/1981, mom moms is 6/2/1950, mine is 7/2/1983. My gf's is 8/2/1980 and when we broke up for a month a girl i was seeing birthday was 8/2/1984.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM

I have a few this is my best one though.

In college 95', UNC beats Kentucky to get to the Final Four, Franklin Street is rocking.

I decide to head back to the dorm. I am walking around to the lot to get some cds out of my car behind the dorm, my car was brand new and a graduation present from my parents. I get to my car to see someone has taken a magnum of champagne smashed up my hood, cracked my windshield and has shot shaving cream out over a few cars including mine.

I look up to obviously a bunch of people partying in a dorm room and I see another champagne bottle come shooting out of the window as well as shaving cream. I start running around the building to the entrance to go "kick someones ass", when I run into my RA and tell him what is up with my car. He surveys the damage then gets a campus officer and they head up to the dorm room.

Another officer takes my statement, my room is in the other building so I don't even see who the people are in the room. I hear some of the dudes partying in the dorm room get kicked out of school. I honestly don't even think about it again for years.

6 years later, I'm down in Atlanta, another resident has a little mixer party at his house for all the new people. He introduces me to his neighbor Mark, my fellow resident says "Mark here is a Tarheel, just like you!" I get to talking to Mark we realize we were in school at the same time, we lived in the same dorm at one point.

He then tells me he got kicked out of school for a year for underage alcohol, possession of weed and vandalism of some [censored] car, on the night Carolina beat Kentucky to go to the Final Four. He says it was all a mistake about messing up the car they were just partying, but the guy didn't even have the decency to come up work it out and just called the campus cops on them. Got him and some other dudes busted, but he got the worst of it because it was his room.

I stood there stunned and wondered if I should tell him it was me. I went ahead and told him, he did believe me until about a week later he had his dad look up the paper work on when they kicked him out of school and it had my name in the file with the damaged car. We ended up becoming pretty good friends during my stay in Atlanta and would watch UNC games together.

Christ that was long.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:12 PM

ruffneck - I like that one. Really freaking weird.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:20 AM

At the WSOP-ME this year, & there is an hour left b4 end of day 1A. UTG +1 raise to 2500 & they all fold to me, I go allin for 11k or so with AA from BB. He thinks 4ever & call with 77.

He flop trip 7.

Whats weird ?

We were the 7/7/07 !

maybe not the "best Weird/funny coincidences in your life" of the topic, but tht's my best one.

- jpp
Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 AM

I was sitting around a table with some friendsand we were discussing how creepy it was that the date that day was 6/6/06. I didnt think much of it personally, and said so. Then the big blind checked and I dealt the flop. It came 6-6-6. I was a little freaked out after that.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:54 PM

took me weeks to think of these:

wife's birthday: 08/03/64
son's birthday: 06/04/83

i live 20 minutes away from my brother.
it will happen quite often that we show
up at each other's houses wearing outfits
that look like we tried to match.

a week after digging up all the decorating rocks
and re-arranging them in my garden ( first time
ever to do this in a decade at my house ), i went
to visit my brother who had just finished doing
the exact same thing ( first time ever in decades also ).
Old 09-04-2007, 04:13 PM

When I was in Jr High living in a small town, a good friend of mine's much older sister had a boyfriend who lived in a city about 2.5 hours away. My buddy got word that the boyfriend had this new fancy cd burner in his computer and was going to get him to burn some CDs for him. CD burners had just recently come out, so of course I got my buddy to get me one burned too as I wanted to check them out, see what the quality was like, etc.

Fastforward about 10 years and I had just started a job as a Jr. Sys Admin for a consulting company. I quickly become pretty good friends with the Sr. guy I'm working with, and we get to chatting over beers one day and I mention my old friend's name. He kind of looks at me funny, and asks if he had a sister, which I confirm.

Turns out my new friend is actually the same guy who used to date my buddy's sister, and unknowingly burned me a CD on his 1x burner over 10 years earlier.