Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Forum Project Status

There hasn't been much traffic about the forum project lately. Just curious if there still someone driving this, and if so what the current status is. I know that at some point there was a plan for setting up some formal link arrangements, etc.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Forum Project Status

I didn't directly sign up for the forum project, but I do have a new site up and running. I would be interested in exchanging links with the participants, however, I have noticed that some of the forum project websites are either not developed or have, like, one post on them.

I am interested in exchanging links, but would only consider exchanging links with high quality sites with owners that are committed to their success.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:27 PM

I'm going to keep going and posting with my forum project site as its something I really want to learn about -- http://makingmoneywithyourblog.blogspot.com

What's your site Frinkenstein? I'll link to you.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 PM

Sweet. Your site looks good - and I actually learned something from it. I'll add your link.

My site is: http://www.richfromyourhome.com My plan was to let a bit of traffic build before adding adsense, although I am not certain if it even matters???

Edit: I don't know if you have this capability with a blogger template, but I suggest adding adsense inline directly into your posts - similar to http://www.johnchow.com

John Chow found that that one add box directly is by far his best performing add.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:12 PM

Dunno where other people are....I just switched from Netobjects to Dreamweaver, so I'm redoing my site.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet. Your site looks good - and I actually learned something from it. I'll add your link.

My site is: http://www.richfromyourhome.com My plan was to let a bit of traffic build before adding adsense, although I am not certain if it even matters???

Edit: I don't know if you have this capability with a blogger template, but I suggest adding adsense inline directly into your posts - similar to http://www.johnchow.com

John Chow found that that one add box directly is by far his best performing add.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should definitely read through all of the posts at johnchow.com. Lots of useful tidbits in there.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 AM

I've got mine up. Not ready for the public yet, but I'm still in it. I'll give a link when it's got enough content, probably another week or so.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 AM

The project is still on. I am working on my site. Like the above posters said a lot of folks haven't been too diligent about putting a site together. It does take time, and I think a lot of folks realized that this was not an easy way to get rich,so they stopped working at it.
At least everyone who is still in it is learning something.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:00 AM

Thanks for replying guys. I think the big thing was that when the project launched, there were lots of posts, there was a step by step plan, things were happening, etc. Overall I had a definite sense of urgency. It kept me motivated to be moving on stuff. And having frequent posts about what step people were on and what needed doing at that point really gave a feeling of community to the project.

I realize that the energy level can't be maintained at that initial state, and I think the last official step was "go make your site and stuff", which is a lot bigger and a lot more broad than "pick a domain name". Might be a good idea if we still want to continue it as an active forum project to try to find a medium between then and now.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 AM

I'm still planning to participate but have admitedly not put in nearly enough time to get my site up and running. My main obstacle is that I'm in the middle of starting my own business and that's taking up a lot of my time right now.

The other main problem is I'm discovering that I don't know the first thing about web design. I've gotten a basic Joomla installation working on my site, but really don't have the faintest clue how to customize the look and feel. I will be creating a separate post shortly asking for some help on the actual technical details of getting a decent looking site up.