Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Common spot that I hate in NL, TPTK OOP

I play on a site where the max buy in is 200bb so assume 200bb stacks.

CO raise and I call in the bb with AQo, I 3bet maybe 15% or so of the times.

Flop comes Q87 and I have no clue what to do.

c/c feels too weak since often will villian check behind on the turn and I feel that we lose value. maybe c/c and then donk the turn might be a good line how ever.

donkbet is an option and a line I take pretty often but every time I get raised I want to puke and I have no clue where I stand in the hand.

c/r feels like its a bit too much since when we get called we are usually not doing great against villians range.

I feel lost in this situatuon and need some help to find a good line. Do you play the hand any diffrent on dry boards like Q32 or Q44?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Common spot that I hate in NL, TPTK OOP

Spots like this i struggle with too.

The line I take depends a lot on who raised pre flop. If it's somebody who cbets every flop or like 80% then I like a c/c or c/r, I guess this depends on the flop. Dry flops I'd be more inclined to c/c and drawy flops c/r.

If the raiser is a standard TAG stealing often then most of the time the flop wont have hit him and there isn't a whole load to get value from, you just need to take the pot before he draws out. For this reason if I c/c the flop then I'd often donk the turn, assuming it's not a king. If I c/r the flop or donk and get called then I'd probably fire again on the turn and slow way down if that gets called.

Against a 40/5 type I like making small bets to try and get a cheap showdown, people like this dont raise very often and if they do it's almost alaways a minraise so you can choose whether to showdown or fold. I'm certainly not putting much in the pot though and want showdown as cheap as poss. Check minraising the flop will often get you a free river when you check the turn too but I dont really like that approach.

Against a 40+/20+ type I think I'd c/c all the way, they often fold to any kind of pressure but are all to happy to fire 3 barrels w/TT.

I guess it depends on your image and whats been happening recently too. The dryer the board and the more passive villian is the less happy I am playing for stacks. On drawy flops and against really aggressive people then you're always going to have a tough decision - I guess these are the people you 3bet pre.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Common spot that I hate in NL, TPTK OOP

C/c flop then donk turn is a pretty good line; I use it a fair amount in situations like this. I'll take the same line with something like 77 on a K529 board sometimes. TPTK with deep stacks is tough: you have to play poker and know your opponent.