Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Poker Radio

Finally back!

btw where are the rss feeds?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM

The bus is finally on the road

Thanks to everybody at the poker road (especially seebs) it's nice to finally have have you guys back on, i have listened to everything posted so far and very happy to have the gang back, anxiously looking forward to more "stuff" welcome back joe, gav, huff, the king of hairy italian comedy and a welcome to bob, donald and the bear
Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rounders I think is the best poker show out, I really hope they're big thing goes down and they get some type of deal. They are always up to date with what's going on and have the best interviews. I didn't really start posting on 2+2 until they talked about the AP story. Which was two days after it was first discussed on 2+2. They have been mentioning every week but I can bet 100 dollars the next show will be about the AP scandal and the Void winning the WCOOP main event, especially since they said they would have Vanessa Rouso.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you might be confusing us and another show. I hope we are the ones you think are the best. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other guys said they were having Rousso. To be honest, I haven't really thought about having her on because of a lot of the stuff talked about here. Not that she cares, obviously.

The big deal we are working on is basically done. Mike and I will be hosting our show here at 2+2.

Can't wait!

Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great Adam. Looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm sure you listen to your shows alot. Observe a couple things. Please ask Mike to just shoot right into the question instead of giving a 20 second lead up. He repeats himself alot. (Stutters sometimes too) This should be improved since you guys have been on for a couple years now. Nevertheless, you guys do a good job and usually on time. Very reliable.

Being on the radio is not easy, but if you do want to improve, listen to veteran DJ's and learn from their interviewing skills. You also don't give yourself enough credit Adam, your interviews when you are on your own have been great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I almost never listen to the show after we do it. Mike certainly has his style, but I like the fact that one can never complain about not understanding what hes asking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the compliments about the interviews. We do (did) the show at a top-notch radio station with some of the best on-air personalities you will find. When i'm surrounded by a large number of people that are a lot better at something than I am, I tend to admit it too much. The good thing is that I'm doing this for fun and they are doing it to pay the rent.

Adam.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rounders I think is the best poker show out, I really hope they're big thing goes down and they get some type of deal. They are always up to date with what's going on and have the best interviews. I didn't really start posting on 2+2 until they talked about the AP story. Which was two days after it was first discussed on 2+2. They have been mentioning every week but I can bet 100 dollars the next show will be about the AP scandal and the Void winning the WCOOP main event, especially since they said they would have Vanessa Rouso.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you might be confusing us and another show. I hope we are the ones you think are the best. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other guys said they were having Rousso. To be honest, I haven't really thought about having her on because of a lot of the stuff talked about here. Not that she cares, obviously.

The big deal we are working on is basically done. Mike and I will be hosting our show here at 2+2.

Can't wait!

Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great Adam. Looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm sure you listen to your shows alot. Observe a couple things. Please ask Mike to just shoot right into the question instead of giving a 20 second lead up. He repeats himself alot. (Stutters sometimes too) This should be improved since you guys have been on for a couple years now. Nevertheless, you guys do a good job and usually on time. Very reliable.

Being on the radio is not easy, but if you do want to improve, listen to veteran DJ's and learn from their interviewing skills. You also don't give yourself enough credit Adam, your interviews when you are on your own have been great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to veteran DJ's... so not only are you awesome at at giving poker advice you know radio really well also. I love how 2+2's know everything.

Seriously, they have been doing it well for two years and I have been loving every minute of it. Adam please don't listen to this clown. Keep doing what your doing.

Sorry about the confusion with Vanessa Rouso, someone said on Rounders Radio, heard there might be another poker radio show out there with the same name but, just thought they were getting it confused.

Will it go straight to podcast on Sunday or will we still have to wait 2-3 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words! No problem about the confusion as that was obviously their intention and it seems to be working.

The 2+2 show will be posted as soon as it's recorded. We plan to keep doing it on Sundays, so I would expect it to be up by midnight.

Adam.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 PM

As far as I am concerned there are only two shows worth listening to.

Rounders and whatever Sebok & Gavin are doing IE The Circuit/PokerWire and hopefully Sebok's new effort The Poker Road. I am excited to see the best guest in the history of The Circuit, Haralabos get a weekly show. His story about Freddy Deeb is one of the funniest things I have heard in my life.

I like Mike and Adam a lot too. They are more laid back but still entertaining. Everything else I have heard is just not up to snuff.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 AM

For those that might be having trouble. It seems like for me that Netscape isn't forwarding properly although I was able to pull it up in IE. The actually address that works is http://www.pokerroad.com/_/index.php
Old 10-23-2007, 05:17 AM

I'm so happy the Poker Road has launched (incidentally, I was getting the placeholder screen until I refreshed my browser [FF]). I've already listened to 2 Jacks, and the new HaralaHuff show - both great, particularly the last ten minutes of the latter - i was listening to it with headphones whilst doing stuff around the house and I had to stop what I was doing because I was laughing so hard.

I'm also super-super excited to see that Bart Hanson is gonna be the host of the Seebs-Smith travelling radio show - surely that's going to be epic? Roll on Niagra Falls!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Ante Up podcast from Florida is really good with lots of worthwhile stuff in the archive.