Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Couple spots vs same LAG, 5/10 NL live

Some spots from last night at Flagler's, in my regular 5/10 NL game.

Background: Preflop, I am the tightest player these guys have ever seen. This is largely because I adjust to the max buyin of $100 (I know it's absurd), which nobody else does. I have been either folding or popping it to $60 (after limpers) with solid hands (showed down TT a couple times).

Villain is a bad LAG who talks lots of poker math and theory, so obnoxious. Very bad though, saw him make bad calls preflop, chase foolishly postflop, etc. Once he verbally declared he was going fishing before making a call. Nonetheless, I haven't really seen him taking the lead postflop while out of line.

Hand #1: I have $500. Villain covers.
He limps UTG, basically everybody limps around to me, I limp along from the button with A8spades. Flop comes QQ6, villain bets $30, some terrible player calls, I call. Turn is a 7, villain bets $75, bad player folds. Hero folds.

Now a bit of hostility develops, since after the hand I asked villain how much money he had. (I was trying to figure out whether I should have called). Villian obv got annoyed, first making faces and complaining that we weren't even in a hand, then proudly saying "more than you." Anyways.

Hand #2: I have a little over 500, Villain covers. Villain limps UTG, few more limpers, I make it $60 total out of the bb with JJ. Only villain calls, fairly quickly. Flop comes 886. I bet 100, villian thinks for a few seconds and calls. He looks comfortable. Turn is a 2, complete brick. I make it $200.

Edit: When I reached for my chips on the turn, I saw him reach for his. (lol livetellboxaments).

In hand #2, what do you do without the tell? With the tell?