Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: FTP Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Hey there! A new user of 2p2 introduces himself. I like taking walks on the park, collecting stamps and winning big pots from the fish (and then losing the winnings to regulars).

Here's my story: I started playing at FTP a few months ago, more or less regularly, started with sng's and a little cash games, then realized how silly sng's are with their huge variance and luck factor, switched to cash games only, grinded my way up to NL 100 (I got the roll for NL 200 but not the balls or experience) and now found this topic.

Here's my question: I'm curious if any of you have stats on me and would care to share? My screenname on FTP is PokeriReima. I don't have PokerTracker yet, because I'm waiting for the new version with PAhud to be released, so stats like VPIP, pfr and such would also be very appriciated. Also comments or notes or anything would be cool. I can take critique.

Thx and see you at the tables (or actually rather not!). I know I'm still a semi-fish but I'm trying my best to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are playing 13/8/3.71(360) in my database which is super nitty, i would try getting up to at least 18/15.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:46 AM

you are winning at 28.82PTBB/100 though
Old 11-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Ah almost forgot.
Hi SSNL, I think I only played around 7k hands of 100NL total. 2.5k of those come from a shot while I was still playing 50NL were I played absolutely horrible and lost a bundle.
Started with 100NL this month but only have played 4.5k hands due to RL issues.

Any comments on my game are welcome
Old 11-11-2007, 01:11 PM

any opinions on chazmichaelm?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are winning at 28.82PTBB/100 though

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's the BB's won / 100 hands? What's a normal number for that statistic?

And as for playing too tight, it's just the way I like it. 3-betting even a loose bettor with something like JQ suited or AJ offsuite just seems wrong to me. I also don't like betting/raising mediocre hands from late position too much, there's still so many loose donks at NL 100 that I'll get called most of the time and with my bad postflop play just get into trouble. Also I hate playing OOP, especially heads-up, so unless I have a hand on the blinds I can comfortably 3-bet with I'm usually folding.

How important is it to play looser? I suppose that when I move up to NL 200 and higher it would be quite important in order to get more action, since I suppose more people are actually observing their opponents and/or have PT/PAhud. On NL 100 it's still very straightforward and there's so many fish I just like to play tight ABC poker.

But yeah, thanks for posting the stats. Is your sample size only 360 hands by the way? If anyone with more hands would care to reply it would be great. And as for my game, I'll try to focus on two things: loosen up my game a bit and improve my postflop game. I have a pretty strong feeling I'm still overplaying hands like TPGK/TPTK/overpairs way too much.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any opinions on chazmichaelm?

[/ QUOTE ]

17.5/14/4.56 over 2700 hands. I have him up 6 buyins though. His flop aggression seems ridiculously high.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 PM

dagrunt,
get PT and pahud (it just sounds like you don't have it).
Old 11-11-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dagrunt,
get PT and pahud (it just sounds like you don't have it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I really need em. But like I said I'm waiting for the new version of PT, which includes PAhud, until I'm getting it; no point in buying it now.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:18 PM

i mean you spend like 80 bucks and you're up to date. Not even a buy in.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:53 PM

iirc you'll get the new one cheaper if you bought pt+pahud recently, might want to check that with someone from pt/pahud though.
Closed Thread