Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Default 200PLO value bet river set on three straight board?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($197)
UTG ($146.25)
MP ($146.25)
Button ($506.15)
SB ($106.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $11</font>, SB calls $10, Hero calls $9, UTG calls $9, MP folds.

Flop: ($46) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($46) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: ($46) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: $46

Maybe I am too much of a nut peddler, but is there any value in betting the river? 9T probably bets the turn, if someone got there with AT, so be it. But I am quite new to the table, so I don't know how much of calling stations are villains. Here are my questions:

1. Did I play right? Should I bet river?
2. If I decide to check and someone bets, do I fold?
3. What if I was last to act and they all check?

I have possible answers to these questions and I will tell them a little bit later.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: 200PLO value bet river set on three straight board?

Hand is fine until river, I'd bet small for value here. Only hand that was made on the river was AT, as 9T had the straight on turn and would of surely bet I think.

I woulda bet like $20 in this spot. If you check and one of the two opponents bet out its either AT or a bluff I think so go with read and size of the bet. If you'r last to act and are checked to, its an easy value bet imo.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 PM

For me this spot is as simple as "figure out the amount that you are willing to call if faced with a bet and bet it."
Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Last to act, surely bet. Here, if you check and it gets bet, call up to $25. As it stands, you could probably lead out for in between $20-$25 here, intending on folding to a raise.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 AM

I'm 50/50 with whether I prefer a v-bet or check behind. On the one hand you could get a donk looking you up with 2 pair or something. On the other hand, a v-bet with a set could get raised and you'll be wishing you c/c behind or something.

Assuming you're playing villains who know what they're doing, you're only getting called by the low straight. Anything else, IMO, the nuts is obviously potting it and anything else is folded (unless, like I said, you've got a spew monkey looking you up).

Yeah, I definitely don't mind the c/c approach and I'm wondering if this question was a little results oriented. 4 handed it is likely that someone has the straight. I guess you were unlucky in that no one actually did have it and a v-bet was probably right.

All the above applies assuming you actually did win the hand with your top set.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:05 AM

i would bet something like $15-20 here, as thats how much of a bet i would probably call from the button if it got checked to him. i hate these spots where you have top set, check it, and the clever button (as i do sometimes multi way) pots it with straight, air or whatever and you are left wondering
Old 10-25-2007, 06:53 AM

I'd bet about 32, and I don't think it's close.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet about 32, and I don't think it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys all suggest to bet amount lower than a pot. This is right, I think, because villains have no read on me, so they probably won't make a move, trying to push me off a hand. So if I get raised, I can fold with a clear conscience.

My answers to my questions:
1. Like you all suggested is probably the best way. Potsized bet is too much.
2. It depends on the size of the bet and position of the bettor. If a button bets after all those checks, I call even if it is a potsized bet. If SB bets, I fold imidiately, no matter how big of a bet (unless it is VERY small, like 10$).
3. I think this is a clear bet, like 32.

Do you agree?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Clear bet fold situation. Do not ever ever underestimate the propensity for people to check call this river with a myriad of hands.