Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

View Poll Results: Can C-Mike be a long term winner?
Yes 6 31.58%
No 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: GrannyMae Post

Well as far as I can tell the posts were made while it was in BBV. So how about this, BBV mods take whatever action you feel is appropriate. The original post is out of TC and should not be moved back there.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So those types of responses are acceptable in BBV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you want an opinion...

Have you read BBV lately?... I would say berating a non BBV post in BBV is par for the course. (Not that I think its great, its just the way it is)

Remember, BBV is one of the garbage dumps on 2+2...

Further, if that post had been posted in Finance, my action would have been to edit out the nasty remarks and add a post telling them to chill out on the personal attacks (same for MMB). If the post had been in TLDR, I would likely have done what you did and moved it here and considered suspensions.

So, bottom line, yeah I think the action should vary based on the forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Mike Haven. I have been trying to get rid of this stuff (specific comments vs a poster like 'die in a fire', kill yourself, etc) when I find it in bbv, but it is like using a sieve to stop a flood and I am not on 24/7. The note on tone clearly says no comments like this and whenever I can find them I warn the poster. I just tempbanned edfurlong earlier this week for doing it in bbv4life because he is a repeat offender of the 'die in a fire' type of one-liners.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:36 PM

I gave pittm a 1 day temp ban
Old 01-27-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave pittm a 1 day temp ban

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. though i could care less about the bannings, just the removal of the nastyass comments.

most of you know how 'emotional' i can get on an issue. however, since i have posted at 2p2 (pre-1992 actually), abuse of this type has never, EVER been tolerated. i was ready to turn in my green if this post was allowed to stand as is, because i did not want to be associated with a place that would allow personal attacks to that degree (sorry Dids, i'm staying)

i still have some lingering thoughts tho. first, if this is par for the course in BBV (as i assume it is as it was moved by a mod without cleaning up the attack), then all i can say is that BBV is out of control and makes the old OOT look tame.

second, i appreciate this thread being taken out of comission as it was simply a bashing oppty. for PITTM and his minion brazillo. however, it is a legit question that i'd like to repost. where should this be done? remember, it does no good to post the question in a forum that is not read by people who played, and some that cashed, in the wsop.

thanks to most for renewing my confidence in this place. the fact that it stayed up for 12 hours was not making me feel too good.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:08 PM

PITTM needs to be banned, this [censored] has been going on for 2 years now guys. He doesn't get it. I say ban him permanently or for like 6 months and let him go through the trouble of starting a new name and garnering some "street cred" again. Brazillo should be banned for 3 days as I don't think he has a history.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:30 PM

PITTM has pretty much been a troll for a very long time. He seems to be getting even worse. He has more than one account on these forums - right? Is another of his accounts something like RJPITTS or some variation? Also - why is he bashing David?

[ QUOTE ]

judging by your bustout hand in your first wsop youre a complete [censored] retard. now go post in whatever retard forum you post in and continue ignoring that david sklansky cheated so you dont have to look like a double standardizing retard like you actually are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i still have some lingering thoughts tho. first, if this is par for the course in BBV (as i assume it is as it was moved by a mod without cleaning up the attack), then all i can say is that BBV is out of control and makes the old OOT look tame.

second, i appreciate this thread being taken out of comission as it was simply a bashing oppty. for PITTM and his minion brazillo. however, it is a legit question that i'd like to repost. where should this be done? remember, it does no good to post the question in a forum that is not read by people who played, and some that cashed, in the wsop.

thanks to most for renewing my confidence in this place. the fact that it stayed up for 12 hours was not making me feel too good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's adanthar's first day and I was out on the town because my sister is in town. This is the kind of reason I wanted more mods in bbv was so we could deal with stuff like this as quick as possible when I'm not around. I simply do not have time to deal with the level of stupidity in BBV on a regular basis and certain things will get through the cracks like this from time to time.

GW
Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also - why is he bashing David?

[ QUOTE ]
judging by your bustout hand in your first wsop youre a complete [censored] retard. now go post in whatever retard forum you post in and continue ignoring that david sklansky cheated so you dont have to look like a double standardizing retard like you actually are.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw... David admitted to cheating (in his past)... forum drama ensued...

I believe that comment is a reference to the position GM took, rather than David bashing.

Link to David's How I cheated at Poker thread (there has been other discussion...)
Old 01-27-2007, 07:10 PM

Default from pittm

this is a joke right? so its cool for moderators to make terrible posts in the wrong forum and flame someone when they that out? and if i say anything back im banned? this site is turning into such a joke. there is a reason i want to be a mod and its so the worst decisions ive ever seen in my life stop happening weekly with you guys. what a [censored] crock of [censored]. who banned me anyways? what an absolutely absurd decision. i am completely disgusted that you allow such complete morons to run your site.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 PM

I agree pittm is a troll. I think he should not have been unbanned, especially now that he thinks he has carte blanche across bbv and elsewhere because the decision came directly from Mat.