Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Countdown

14 hours and 56 mins left until the WSOP cash games start. Be there or be square, 9am on Friday (I'm sick, do I get a pass?)
Old 05-31-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Countdown

May be there this weekend, definitely coming up next weekend.

Will the variety of games being spread differ drastically? I.e. will the Mirage spread anything outside of the normal 10/20/40 HE and 5/10 O8? I'm sure the Bellagio will have a ton of huge games going - will we see a lot of mix? Anything at a reasonable level?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 PM

I honestly think the good mid-limit action this year will be at the Rio, they increased the number of their cash game tables. The goal (and time will tell if they meet the goal) was to assure that cash games run around the clock upon request this year, where last year cash games would be broken when a table was needed for a tournament.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 PM

Based on the posts about dealer quality and the posts last year about lack of security (e.g., people have their rolls snatched off the tables), I have no idea why anyone would play cash games there when there are a host of good rooms on the strip.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:02 PM

I'll definitely be there checking out the action. Hope to see a few pros along the way..
Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the posts about dealer quality and the posts last year about lack of security (e.g., people have their rolls snatched off the tables), I have no idea why anyone would play cash games there when there are a host of good rooms on the strip.

[/ QUOTE ]

One person had his roll snatched, and it was returned. I know because it happened at the same table I was playing at the day or so earlier (BOT). Yes the dealers were generally bad for "other" games, but it was usually not a concern for hold'em.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 PM

any idea what the buyin is for the 5/5 plo games? curious because when i requested they spread it at the wynn, they quoted something like 1k min buyin, which i thought was a touch excessive. figured you might remember from last year.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any idea what the buyin is for the 5/5 plo games? curious because when i requested they spread it at the wynn, they quoted something like 1k min buyin, which i thought was a touch excessive. figured you might remember from last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly I dumped 2 grand playing 5/5 last year (I suck at PLO), I think I bought in for 1k the first time and $500 rebuys, but this is all hazy.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5/5 plo @ wynn is basically 5-5-10 how it plays. @ Rio the 2/5 plo had a $500 cap much of the series, $1k for 5/10. At times it went unenforced, so I dunno. I hope it's a 200bb max or uncapped.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 AM

I'll be making my Vegas return tomorrow. Not sure where I am staying yet, but I will be there for the first $1500 event and the cash games. Someone PM me if I can stay with you for sexual favors and/or for free.