Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Anyone interested in partnering up on a site?

I am going to be rather vague in this post, with the idea that anyone really interested will contact me for the info. I do a variety of stuff online, and have been doing it for a long time now. I have references in adult, gaming, and mainstream, and I will provide ALL the info you will need to know if you contact me. With that being said here is the deal.

I partnered up on a project with someone I have known for quite some time (worked with him in adult on 10+ projects, including a pay site, as well as a few mainstream projects).
The project is pretty straight forward (a membership/subscription based site) and is not adult related. The main costs are programming. I put my half up front ($4,500) for the deposit on the programmers, and his 50% is due on completion. The project is pretty in depth, but nothing terribly complicated.

Custom affiliate system, subscription management/user system, all tied into an authorize.net merchant account with an automated billing system, and some other basic stuff. I have plenty of people lined up who specialize in this niche to promote it, and it's all pretty automated.

Well the guy who was planning on going in on this with me is having cash flow issues, and needs to either back out or wait a month until his house sale goes through. The programmers are finishing early, and most of the system (minus some small pre-authorization tweaks) is up, tested, and working.

I know there are more than a few fellow webmasters who frequent here, and plenty of people interested in starting up sites. My options are pretty tight right now. I can either stall the programmers (something I hate doing), sell off a project of mine early (something I really hate doing), or take on a new partner.
I would prefer someone who is already in the business, and can act fast but I am willing to work with newer webmasters as well. I already have affiliates lined up to push this, and similar projects I have worked on in the past have worked out extremely well. Depending on if I know you, your 2+2 rep, and just the general vibes I get from you I MAY have to do an NDA.

As I said I will provide ALL info to anyone legitimately interested in this, and can give you references to people I have partnered up with in the past. I prefer someone who can match me 50/50 (your end being 4,500). I could probably work something smaller out, but it really depends on who you are, and if you bring anything more than $ to the table.

If your interested PM me some way to reach you. Telephone, AIM, MSN, Skype, whatever. Any project specific questions will not likely be answered in this thread, but feel free to contact me for more info.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Anyone interested in partnering up on a site?

looks like this is sorted out, but thanks for reading