Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Ring Game Insanity!

9 handed 1/2 on stars. Someone opens utg+1 and kuduz calls cold on the button. I haven't played with him much, but my impression is he is on the TAG side at the time of this hand. This read could be way off idk. I call T8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB and BB folds.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check PFR bets we both call.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checks to Kuduz and he bets I c/r PFR folds and now he 3 bets. I 4 bet planning to check all rivers that aren't hearts and call some and fold some.

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I check fold.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Ring Game Insanity!

[ QUOTE ]
9 handed 1/2 on stars. Someone opens utg+1 and kuduz calls cold on the button. I haven't played with him much, but my impression is he is on the TAG side at the time of this hand. This read could be way off idk. I call T8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB and BB folds.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check PFR bets we both call.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checks to Kuduz and he bets I c/r PFR folds and now he 3 bets. I 4 bet planning to check all rivers that aren't hearts and call some and fold some.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am assuming he is the kind that if he calls the turn, he is calling the river? if he is, then why are we 4betting this turn?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi Ian,

I don't really like to fold really big pots - and you made this pot pretty big on the turn. What's wrong with just calling his 3 bet and check call the river UI and bet-call the river if you make a flush or 8s full? You would spend the same amount of bets if you're behind but see a showdown - thereby saving yourself the small % of time that an unknown went crazy on you.

~andy
Old 08-07-2007, 05:34 PM

What an expensive fold! How about betting the flop or even folding this garbage preflop???
Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 PM

How bout NOT folding this gem preflop.....I like the 4 bet on the turn much more if you didnt make a pr and lead the river....however since you now can win a showdown against a lot of hands I would call the 3 bet and chk/call river.....7d is a horrible card and completes a lot of semibluffing hands but I would call (and I have been folding a lot more than your used to seeing me fold)....cant beat much but nut flush draw or qjh are possible or just random acts of insanity that are seen so often..
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 AM

Here's the initial part of my thinking. If he is the TAG type that I believe him to be, what on earth could he have on the turn that he plays this way that beats our hand? Just 99 and 88 given his preflop play. He should never have one 9 or 22 in his hand. That's why I 4 bet the turn, strictly for value.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am assuming he is the kind that if he calls the turn, he is calling the river? if he is, then why are we 4betting this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i misread the action. i have no idea wtf this guy has other than maybe 3's full, JT or total air. your line kinda smells like BS. is he perceptive enough to know this and 3bet you with jack-high?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 AM

I would definitley lead the turn here. Given your line, i like just calling down after being 3 bet a ton more than puttin in the 4th bet on the turn and not seeing showdown. I just don't think in 1/2 games these days, the FE to get him to a dump hand a better than yours is significant enough to take this line as opposed to one geared towards showdown.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 AM

you really are a tournament player
Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 AM

I agree ggb that I should have led the turn. As soon as I checked I knew it was a bad check.