FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey

highly unlikely to be dominated?

99-AA dominates 97s
Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i spoke with gabe about this hand for awhile last night, and he said he felt the best play was definitely raise. he thought all 3 options were pretty close but it goes cap, call, fold.

it's telling that the live players (gabe, me, death donkey, and clarkmeister) all favor not folding and the primarily online players favor folding. actually not sure i should include dd as live player, but i think he's a really good live player.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL none of you guys ever cap this that's crazy. And you're getting this from someone who raises and reraises more hands than anyone in that list. All the commerce regulars think I'm a maniac.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i spoke with gabe about this hand for awhile last night, and he said he felt the best play was definitely raise. he thought all 3 options were pretty close but it goes cap, call, fold.

it's telling that the live players (gabe, me, death donkey, and clarkmeister) all favor not folding and the primarily online players favor folding. actually not sure i should include dd as live player, but i think he's a really good live player.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL none of you guys ever cap this that's crazy. And you're getting this from someone who raises and reraises more hands than anyone in that list. All the commerce regulars think I'm a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall I'm almost certainly the most passive of the players in that list, maybe other than Gabe. But I definitely cap in position here some nonzero % of the time depending on all the usuals.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM

I almost always call here, and I always feel good about it later. The only thing that would make me fold is if the small blind has such a tight range that I expect that he would cap given that he 3 bet me.
I really don't like capping here preflop at all. Taking control of the hand doesn't excite me much when one of my opponents is loose and passive.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall I'm almost certainly the most passive of the players in that list, maybe other than Gabe. But I definitely cap in position here some nonzero % of the time depending on all the usuals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was responding to Mike saying the order might in fact be cap > call > fold, which says that if all of you guys are playing correctly (in your minds), you should be capping this at least 33.333333333% of the time. Saying that you cap this some non-zero percent of the time isn't saying much cuz I'm sure I do too, and I'm sure it's wrong to. Consider for a second this guy's three-betting range is quite likely an OVERPAIR to 97s, or AK. Why is capping against a guy like this good? I want a non-laundry list of reasons because I already understand why someone might cap it against a set of players who have WIDE ranges.

I think I'm waiting for one of you west-coast "live pros" to jump out from under a bed screaming BOOOO WE'RE LEVELING YOU ALL, that's how utterly ridiculous I feel like this thread is becoming.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm waiting for one of you west-coast "live pros" to jump out from under a bed screaming BOOOO WE'RE LEVELING YOU ALL, that's how utterly ridiculous I feel like this thread is becoming.

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing in this thread that makes any sense
Old 07-04-2007, 07:05 AM

I told mike, I thought Joe should cap, not everybody.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 AM

lol cant wait until chris posts what he had and why he 4 bet. gabe was saying joe specifically should cap it. i think call is better but gabe offered some compelling reasons.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Overall I definitely cap in position here some nonzero % of the time depending on all the usuals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it's telling that the live players (gabe, me, death donkey, and clarkmeister) all favor not folding

[/ QUOTE ]

the live players i spoke to all favor folding, but then again they don't typically play this low.