Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: lolriver

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To everyone that says c/c to induce a bluff,

Which hands is he bluffing with?

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ TT J9 T9

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd want a read that he is either a little clueless (i.e. he'll bet just because he thinks you are weak without thinking about you can call with) or aggressive enough to knowingly turn a made hand into a thin bluff.

For a thinking player, I'd give him credit to be able to recognize a defensive check, which is what a river check would look like here. That makes c/f sound like a pretty good line, but I think it loses too much value those times he would have made a crying call but checks behind instead. Also, c/f this river could be pretty bad for metagame - this guy will probably have it if he bets, but other players at the table will just see that you check-raised, bet, and check-folded when an A came. I suppose that could be a good thing if they already bluff too much, but I wouldn't want to put ideas into the heads of otherwise predictable players.

Finally, I doubt this guy will bluff-raise the river here. Even if he thinks OP is too tight, she's played aggressively and didn't slow down when the A came (if you bet in rhythm), so he'd have to have a lot of tricky in him to do that.

So, I say b/f.