Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Hi, WSEX GM here, looking forward to being part of this board.

10-4, amen, absolutly.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:08 AM

Please, move your servers into EU so that many of us european players get tax free winnings. I believe this would get you more players from Sweden and Finland at least, not sure about other countries.

Anyone else would greatly appreciate this?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please, move your servers into EU so that many of us european players get tax free winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

A European poker license would really do wonders. 100% rakeback is good, but it doesn't really matter when 40% of your winnings have to be paid in taxes.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please, move your servers into EU so that many of us european players get tax free winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

A European poker license would really do wonders. 100% rakeback is good, but it doesn't really matter when 40% of your winnings have to be paid in taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats like complaining about getting a bonus at work because its not tax free.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats like complaining about getting a bonus at work because its not tax free.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. At least for many of us european players. We can have either 100% rb and 30-50% taxes or regular rb and no taxes. For me and many others, not having to pay taxes is much better than getting 100% rb. But of course we would like to have both. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i just wanted to say i logged on today and played for an hour or two and the software was really smooth. Considerable more so than in the past. No freezing, no disconnecting, no lag, nothing nada. Very impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Spinoli,

I logged in yesterday and decided to play after I saw a new update downloaded. I too noticed an improvement in gameplay. There was slight lag when pokertracker ran an import, but not too bad.

But, I still got hit by one of the quick disconnects within 15 minutes. Of course it happened when I had a winning hand, costing me money. So, I logged off and will try again after the next update. I've gotten too frustrated with the disconnects to play there any more.

Of course I say that, but I might give it another try today after your testimony, heh. Free poker is a big carrot.

B.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:07 PM

Has anyone received any requested e-mailed hand histories today?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone received any requested e-mailed hand histories today?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got one email about 2 hours after I requested several dozen. I missed most of the hands I played today, which is par for the course at WPEX. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

On a brighter note, I tested WPEX today while playing Party to see how well they've handled the lag issue.

I was playing 3 tables of Party 6-max, running Poker Tracker auto-imports every 2 minutes, and running Poker Ace HUD. This is a pretty serious load on the CPU, especially with the Party Monster table crap going on, and in the past it would have been literally impossible to run WPEX at the same time without resetting the priority.

I sat down at a WPEX 3/6 5-max and played for about 15 minutes. Lag is still an issue when Poker Tracker fires an import. One time the timer for my action was almost all the way down before I saw my cards and the action buttons, ... but I was able to play and did not have my cards folded a single time.

So, WPEX GM, I commend your team for greatly improving the lag problem that strikes when other programs are consuming a lot of CPU. However the job is not done. Lag is still an issue for your software, and I urge you to not stop until WPEX can run side by side with CPU hungry programs without missing a beat.

Also, please introduce 5-max tables at all limits of limit holdem instead of only 3/6 and 10/20. I do still ask for 6-max, but in the meantime it should be easy to put 5-max at 5/10, 2/4, etc ... .

Thanks,
B.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:50 PM

Get a better computer. Not to be mean, but honest.

I got a really fast processor (can't remember, maybe 2.8 or something AMD), 2 gigs of ram (this is really important for poker players), regular hard drive (10k RPMs will do), and up to date drivers for all hardware.

I run PT (import to 3 databases every min), Gametime+, Excel, Outlook (import every min), 4 different sites, 8 tables at a time, and trillian etc. No issues.

The money invested in a good computer easily make up bad performance and the ability to play more tables for more money.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a better computer. Not to be mean, but honest.

I got a really fast processor ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, thanks for the advice. LOL.

The casual player/gambler that WPEX would like to attract is not going to invest in a new computer so that they can play there without being threatened by software lag folding their cards when they try to rip a CD at the same time.

The software lag issue needs to be fixed, and your suggestion that I get a new computer doesn't help. I don't have the fastest machine on the block, but it's not a bottom end slouch either. If WPEX doesn't run without lag for me, then I can guarantee there are many many other potential players in the same boat.

I can 9 table at Party w/ Poker Tracker, Poker Ace, Outlook, Itunes, etc ... all running at once with no delay in seeing cards or action buttons, there is no reason why I can't run WPEX and PT without lag other than bad code in the WPEX software.

B.