Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 11 44.00%
NOT 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gump,

Who made you hall monitor? I think you are trying to see how many times you can say "douche" in a thread.

The guy got paid. Good for him. "more or less right?" WTF are you talking about? Hes 100% in the right.

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar suggests upthread that OP wait until Wednesday to post. adanthar was going to try to talk to kyle in the interim. Thus, this likely would have been resolved without the public drama, and so I'm inclined to view the drama as largely drama for its own sake. That's the basis of my comment. Diomed's later posts in the thread just make him look a little silly and shrill to me, but to each his own, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually adanthar told me that maybe I should wait till wednesday not for him to talk to him but because he thought epassporte was closed on the weekend. In fact he never mentioned that he was going to talk to him but that he would allow the post if the facts were true and he advised if anything wasnt that I would live with the consequences.
So yes, I did jump the gun. But kyle had enough time to reply to me before I even contacted adanthar about possibly posting this thread. And to stir the pot when threads start showing up about how someone is winning 5 figures on games but can't take two minutes to respond to a PM but can read it, I'm not going to wait forever.
In the end this thread accomplished its purpose. In the future I will do prop bets on escrow with trusted peeps.

Ty, gg
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you checked this thread or not but I have the overwhelming support of the people here in this regard.

Fortunately in this situation you can't tell me to do a damn thing. Your reputation is on the line here and it looks like its already been greatly questioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, chill out. While you are more or less in the right -- posting this thread at this point in time was probably questionable given the implied content of your discussion with adanthar -- the more noise you make at this point, the stupider you look. If you don't get paid in the next 24-48 hours or so, then you can start squawking again.

EDIT: Posting PM's in the thread isn't exactly a classy move, either. You both look like douches in the end, so congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong.

Do you think its a coincidence that payment was made the same day this thread got started?

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually is, but blah blah Kyle's a liar and so forth and blah blah unsubstantiated Internet attacks on my character. This is why I'm not engaging any of you in debate - when the groupthink focuses on one viewpoint, there's basically no recourse.

I could have backer X and person I lent money to Y post here and vouch for me, but what's the point? You'll just shred them to bits and call them shills.

This will be the last time I post in the thread. Hope you all had fun. I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually put that guy off for 40 days all the while claiming you were just trying to line up the money?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you checked this thread or not but I have the overwhelming support of the people here in this regard.

Fortunately in this situation you can't tell me to do a damn thing. Your reputation is on the line here and it looks like its already been greatly questioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, chill out. While you are more or less in the right -- posting this thread at this point in time was probably questionable given the implied content of your discussion with adanthar -- the more noise you make at this point, the stupider you look. If you don't get paid in the next 24-48 hours or so, then you can start squawking again.

EDIT: Posting PM's in the thread isn't exactly a classy move, either. You both look like douches in the end, so congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong.

Do you think its a coincidence that payment was made the same day this thread got started?

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually is, but blah blah Kyle's a liar and so forth and blah blah unsubstantiated Internet attacks on my character. This is why I'm not engaging any of you in debate - when the groupthink focuses on one viewpoint, there's basically no recourse.

I could have backer X and person I lent money to Y post here and vouch for me, but what's the point? You'll just shred them to bits and call them shills.

This will be the last time I post in the thread. Hope you all had fun. I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you effed this one up. Quit the stupid excuse making and the "I dont care what you think, I have people that can vouche for me, blah blah blah" stuff.

Be a man, admit you screwed this up, stop making excuses, and learn from the mistake like a mature person would. You'll come off waaaaaaaay better than the way you are now. It's ok to make mistakes and screw stuff up, thats how most people learn. Just dont be one of those idiots that thinks their [censored] dont stink and they are never wrong, and who in the face of overwhelming criticism think its everyone else who is being retarded or out of line or wrong.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this ironic, funny or sad?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this rediculously hypocritical, funny, sad or all of the above?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. & lock in D, all of the above.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 AM

I may have missed the party on this one but I just wanted to say that I have owed money to and been owed money by kyle on many occasions over the last couple years and he is one of the few people that I never worry about not paying me. I do think it's important to pay bets on time--I just know that I personally have made mistakes on this kind of stuff before usually because of just being absent-minded or a little checked out. Kyle is a trustworthy person and myself and others have been involved in loans and business deals involving fairly significant amounts of money and I don't know anybody that would seriously question whether he would make right on a prop bet or a debt.

Kyle is an avid prop better and I've seen him take beatings on prop bets and never hesitate to pay in any way. He is an honorable gambler and I have no doubt the delay in payment here was done without malice.

The sale of the web sites and so forth is a major derailment. I don't have first hand knowledge of the transaction but I don't really see how a business deal falling through and a 7 day delay in paying a penny ante prop bet do anything but act as pathetically insufficient grounds for attacking a person's credit and trustworthiness, valuable assets in this world we live in.

Though I would need to defer to other's more qualified and wise then myself, I strongly suspect some of the statements published in this thread could form the foundation of a colorable tort claim in certain states.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Lets focus on what is important here at 2p2.

Bigger concern:

Health and Fitness mod is untrustworthy,

or

Health and Fitness mod is fat and can't motivate himself to win a fitness prop bet.

Hmmm....
Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 AM

Just throwing this out there... is there any way Blutarski can get blamed for this?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:39 AM

wow did that dude really just threaten to sue someone?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 AM

Looks like 2+2 has a new Grimstarr
Closed Thread