Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 AM

Default 50NL- 44 Flops a Full House

Villain in hand is 20/14/3.4 over 700 hands

I've probably been playing a 25/12/3 kind of game, as that's about what I've been running at 50NL recently.

Obviously this is an extraction question, but it's a problem I run into sometimes- I have a monster, but I'm OOP and villain is forcing me to define my hand. Villain is probably far more worried about me having AA than 44, but the net effect is the same. His hand is pretty face up, I think, but that doesn't make my job any easier. I feel like if I raise then I blow him out of the water unless he slow played KK+ PF, and if I call and check he might check behind for pot control on the turn (because my call looks very strong on this board), and if he gets to see two free cards then a Broadway card might roll off and kill any action I might get by slowplaying. Third option is to call and donk the turn, which allows me to make a smaller sized bet than a re-raise would be now and still set up a PSB for the river, though I doubt he'll call both streets.

The main crux of this question is that I don't think villain is strong enough to stack off here, so how do I get maximum value from my hand?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.55
Hero: $53.50
MP1: $29.55
MP2: $62.05
CO: $56.05
Button: $46.10
SB: $43.05
BB: $100.10

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $7</font>, Hero ????