Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Table selection

A lot of people talk about selecting profitable tables. When you're looking at the table stats in the lobby, what are the important stats. Any other suggestions on selecting profitable tables? I usually go to the table with a decent % people seeing flop and a lot of hands/hour.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Table selection

I started a thread on this the other week.

Here you go:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 09-11-2007, 04:38 PM

Yeah thanks- I was just reading it!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:44 PM

To some degree, this will depend on your style. If you are a tight player, you may like tables with lots of action so that there is a better chance of getting paid off with your good hands. If you are a loose aggressive, you may prefer a nitty table that you can run over. In any event, I think most would agree that more hands per hour is generally better. Another thing that I like to look for are the stack sizes of the people at the table.

I'm currently on a short bankroll at one site (free rolled from a third party site), so I'm trying to find tables that are more likely to be weak/passive. I look for .05/.10 6-Max NL tables where the average pot size is relatively small (less than $2), no-one has more than $10, preferably most stacks are $5-$7. I've found that many people are playing loose pre-flop, limping often, but scared tight when they miss the flop. I buy in for $5 and leave when I have more than $10. This lets me build a bankroll (slowly) on easy prey while minimizing risk.

Which table you choose depends on your goals for the session. Do you want to gain experience beating a tough/agressive game or do you want to maximize your earn by finding your most beatable games.

hope this helps
- dubiousdrift