Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Critique My diet

So I fell off the wagon and somehow I went from 5"6 155 pounds to 5"6 195 pounds, over the last year.

I'm starting to get back into the workout routine again and I would appreciate any input on my diet.

Yesterday:

Meal #1

1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup beans
1/2 cup Whole grain Pasta

Meal #2

6 oz chicken cooked in low fat italian dressing with some cajun spice
1 cup beans
1 slice whole grain bread with natural peanut butter

Meal # 3

1 small porkchop
30 almonds
1 banana

Meal #4

Extra lean ground beef
salad (lettuce with low fat italian dressing)
1 cup broccli

Meal #5

6oz steak (striploin)
1 low fat yogurt cup
1 cup green beans

Meal #6 (right before bed)

1 cup milk
1 cup whey protein
5 frozen strawberries

This look ok?

I'm also drinking at least 4 bottles of water a day
Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Critique My diet

I know the least about diet among the many people who comment on such things here. I will say this, though: I've always heard that milk before bed was somehow, mysteriously/not completely understood, one of the best ways to gain weight.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 PM

I think you have a lot of clean food here... but I don't know really anything about your body type, bodyfat %, etc. The best way is going to just be to stick with this diet for at least 2 weeks, see how things are going, and then readjust accordingly. I'm glad to see you mixing in lots of beans/broccoli/etc... my one suggestion would be to lose the carbs in meals 5/6 but that is more of a personal preference to temper my carbs throughout the day.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM

1. Add flavor. It's easy to add herbs and spices. Try basil, corriander, cumin, dill, mint, oregano, savory, tarragon, etc. cuz if a meal is palatable, a meal is much more satiating. Herbs and spices don't add calories, but do add enjoyment.

2. Your protein sources could include salmon, sardines, egg-whites, and/or vegetarian sources such as beans/rice, quinoa, and (god forbid) soy.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 PM

pretty damn good if you like all that stuff, Id get some fish oil supplements though if you arent eating fish. milk)casein protein) before bed, isnt a big deal.

what kind of beans are you eating? the only way I work beans in is lima beans and steak, or in chilli, and would like to get some more in there.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 PM

please include total calories and grams of protein/carbs/fat for proper analysis. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I know the least about diet among the many people who comment on such things here. I will say this, though: I've always heard that milk before bed was somehow, mysteriously/not completely understood, one of the best ways to gain weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt this because the casein protein digests super slow and allows your body to be fed throughout the night? I always drink 500ml before bed

-Mike
Old 09-19-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt this because the casein protein digests super slow and allows your body to be fed throughout the night? I always drink 500ml before bed

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a lot of dissension about the topic of milk, I dont think there is anything definitive, personally I dont drink milk because I dont like it, and no other species drinks it as an adult, but thats my opinion.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:46 AM

Agree that there are lots of differing views. Also, a lot of people who arent lactose intolerant still dont handle large loads of milk well. I find its a great way to get protein between meals tho..I probably go thru a gallon every 2-3 days and havent had any problems

-Mike