Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Default overplay AK TPTK ?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

UTG is 32/16/2 ~600 hands, aggressive but not good. MP3 is 60/10/1 ~60 hands, has already cold-called raises with 33 and shown down UI and A4s and v-thru river with busted FD.

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

I’m thinking UTG would bet/call any pair. My thought was MP3 could be overplaying any Ax, any draw, and I have K and J outs to any 2 pair. Should I have just called the 3 bet?

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11.25BB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Once I cap I have to lead and call down to further aggression, right? If calling 3 bet on flop is right it’s a check-call here, correct?

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (17.25BB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Tough to fold TPTK getting 19-1, or is this a case where ‘how it got there’ is more important and I have to let this go?

Results:
Final pot: 20.25BB
Old 10-27-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: overplay AK TPTK ?

You seem to have more or less worked this one out.

Your play was fine until MP3 3-bet the flop. An agression factor of 1 (probably even with the small 60 hand sample size) is not that agressive.

It would not have surprised me if he got lucky and flopped the straight or else had something like 2 pair.

I would have called the flop 3-bet, and then called down.