Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Summer \'07 TV Discussion

My apologies if this thread has been done, but I did not see a link for TV discussion in El D's sticky.

In any event, is anybody else watching "Pirate Master"? This is some Mark Burnett produced reality show, where people do challenges and stuff based off of a pirate ship. It is as cheesy as it sounds, but it has good production values. The best part is that the cast are dressed in awesome piratey garb during the interstitial interview cutaways. Pretty sweet.

One other upcoming programming note:
Vh1's Scott Baio Is 45 And Single

Per the USA Today description,

[ QUOTE ]
Unlike some fellow B-listers, former ``Happy Days'' star and '80s teen heartthrob Scott Baio had long spurned reality TV.
No longer. Baio will be the latest star to bare his celebrity soul on VH1's ``Scott Baio Is 45 ... and Single ''next month.
``I didn't want to do a reality show. The concepts were always meaningless, and the people seemed pathetic,'' Baio says. ``Maybe I'm a little pathetic. But this isn't Scott Baio getting a colonoscopy. It's about a guy trying to get his life together, trying to figure out why he's never been married and what his problem is.''
Baio's series - part ``Broken Flowers'' part ``High Fidelity'' - is a raw look at the back story of one of Hollywood's most prolific serial daters. A therapist and past lovers ranging from former ``Playboy'' playmates to actresses Erin Moran and Nicole Eggert also star in Baio's made-for-TV journey of self-discovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vh1 will also be airing "Rock Of Love With Bret Michaels", which is basically The Bachelor with Bret Michaels from Poison in it. Super sweet.

And to top it all off, A&E is going to be airing "The Two Coreys", which features Corey Haim and Corey Feldman living together. WOW.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Summer \'07 TV Discussion

I'm looking forward to the new season of Last Comic Standing. I dig standup, even though the show is subpar at times.

I'm also looking forward to the new episodes of Studio 60. Maybe I'm on the of the few that like that show?

I'm kind of bummed that they're not having a "Rockstar" season this summer. I did read that they might have one for Fall.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 PM

The 2 corey's would be cool if it involved vampires...but something tells me it wont
Old 06-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Sam,

Scott Baio and The Coreys. Wow. Two shows I am definitely not going to be missing!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:26 PM

Sam,

Regarding other summer shows, the only thing I've seen was some ad for "Age of Love." Premise being it's like The Bachelor, except with two groups of women - one in their twenties, the other in their forties - vying for a thirty year old guy. WTF? Unless they hire idiotic bitch so-so looking twenties chicks and hot as fire super cool forty-year-olds, this seems incredibly ridiculous.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Iggy,

Has Last Comic Standing been good in the past? I've never watched it, but saw an ad for this season and everything was horribly unfunny.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding other summer shows, the only thing I've seen was some ad for "Age of Love." Premise being it's like The Bachelor, except with two groups of women - one in their twenties, the other in their forties - vying for a thirty year old guy. WTF? Unless they hire idiotic bitch so-so looking twenties chicks and hot as fire super rich forty-year-olds, this seems incredibly ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously though that's what would make this great, a bunch of super hot ditzy slutty sorority girls and sexy successful smart women.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam,

Regarding other summer shows, the only thing I've seen was some ad for "Age of Love." Premise being it's like The Bachelor, except with two groups of women - one in their twenties, the other in their forties - vying for a thirty year old guy. WTF? Unless they hire idiotic bitch so-so looking twenties chicks and hot as fire super cool forty-year-olds, this seems incredibly ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy in it is Mark Phillipousis (sp?), the formerly world ranked tennis dude.

Maybe this guy is ideal for this concept, since he might be sick of banging hot 20 year old chicks.

I'll probably give it a token viewing since I'm mildly intrigued.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:33 PM

I caught the new Real World: Las Vegas this past week. I was pretty disappointed overall and really hope the entire season doesn't revolve around the Alton-two girls love triangle. It would be much better suited with Trishelle-centric storylines and a pinch of girl on girl hot tub action.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Does On The Lot count as a summer show?

The first couple of episodes I thought were really entertaining. Mostly because they were produced in a Top Chef fashion, where you saw lots of behind the scenes stuff and the personalities involved, and still saw clips of the finished films.

But this week they went to an American Idol format, where you just see the clip of each film, and America votes people off. No background stuff showing them working on the projects, etc. So lame. I hope they go back to the other format, but it's probably not going to happen.