Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
yep and to meet you!
your reputation preceeds you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lies?! my reputation of suckage? I don't think we played together unless it was like last week. When there was like 2million 2+2 at commerce. Althought i think i did play against goof ball, but im not sure. And goof thats bad, but no way the worst. Some people have some serious problems.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 AM

Are there any of you LA 2p2ers, that have nothing to do during the day, interested in playing some golf? I'm spending the next couple of weeks with my parents in pasadena and I'm already bored out of my mind.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:51 AM

Hobbs -- I've never played golf before and I'm left-handed; but if you have patience and a set of LH clubs I can borrow, I might be down... I'm on a work hiatus so I have free daytime now.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Angel Fish\'s Sick 135 BB Swing

I was back east for some meetings before heading off to Europe next week. Angel Fish wanted to play at FW's and we couldn't get a sitter for Angel Guppy, so I stayed home and AF went off to FW's late Fri nite.

Sat PM we call and AF says she's stuck a little, AG asks for mommy to come home, AF says she'll be along in a little bit. Later, we call again, no answer and again, no answer. AG leaves mommy a message, when are you coming home. When AF doesn't answer and doesn't come back, it normally means she's stuck.

Anyway, Sun AM the phone rings and I answer. She tells me the story: She's playing 10/20 and at one point she was stuck about $1,200. She then goes on a tear and gets good cards and better flops w/ bad players and winds up winning $1,500. All of this in about 3-4 hours.

One hand she tells me about: UTG raises and gets 4 cold callers, AF is on the button w AQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

She flops an A and raises UTG's bet after 2 callers. She gets called down by UTG's KK and the other 2 who have A rag.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 AM

Hobie when are you leaving LA? I'm away next week but will be back on the 16th and I could play sometime that week.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Default No aces for me

Just played a 22 hour live session and did not pick up pockets aces even once. I am sure that is a personal record. Anyone beat that?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: No aces for me

[ QUOTE ]
Just played a 22 hour live session and did not pick up pockets aces even once. I am sure that is a personal record. Anyone beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? That's like 600-700 hands. That's not exactly a long stretch for not getting any particular pocket pair.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:18 PM

So I had a room at Commerce until today but got so frustrated last night that I left at like 4 am. I can't remember the last time I told someone a bad beat story in real life but this one was so putrid that I actually stayed awake so I could tell it to Mike L. I think the way I described it before telling him the hand was "I wanted to take out my car keys and cut his [censored] head off". Equity wise it's not even that awful but the way the hand played out is just so absurd.

So 60 full game. Button raises, sb 3bets, I cap 99 in bb. SB is Sam the laggy guy so 43s is a standard 3bet for him here and capping is the right play over 900% of the time. Button/sb call.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Sam bets, I raise, button folds, 3, 4, 5, I 6 and he calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He c/c

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets, I raise, he 3bets, I muck. He shows me A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I also saw someone call with 8 high the same night as the above hand.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? That's like 600-700 hands. That's not exactly a long stretch for not getting any particular pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the WSOP I had a ~30 hour stretch where I didn't get AA or KK, I did not win money.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 PM

I think I'm going to stop raising 86s on the button every time there is only one limper in front of me. It's going to be really tough because limping is really offensive to me and they all play so bad and predictable postflop that I'm positive that isolating everyone super light is profitable and I hate folding in spots that I know are profitable even if it's only a tiny bit.
Closed Thread