Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Saw Maria Ho playing 500-1k last night at Commerce with the likes of Ali Eslami and Devon Miller. She seemed OK the time I played with her in one of the WSOP events, but I know a lot of you guys bag on her. What's the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya she was playing 4/8 BEHOT or something last week when I talked to her about Crazy Mike related matters. I'll use my standard "don't want to say anything bad about specific players" line here but I'll say she would be a lot better if she didn't tilt. She's had lots of chips in front of her every time I've seen her in a white chip game.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 PM

What HOWMANY said plus she's never folded two paint cards preflop ever.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Was just talking to mike l. and we came up with an excellent poker term that needs to be used more frequently. It's going to replace "busto" which has such negative connotations. The next time you lose a ton in a game and feel like you are inching closer to busto, rejoice in the fact that you are actually building your "meta bankroll".

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The next time you lose a ton in a game and feel like you are inching closer to busto, rejoice in the fact that you are actually building your "meta bankroll".

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was just talking to mike l. and we came up with an excellent poker term that needs to be used more frequently. It's going to replace "busto" which has such negative connotations. The next time you lose a ton in a game and feel like you are inching closer to busto, rejoice in the fact that you are actually building your "meta bankroll".

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what a metabankroll is but the fact that over the last 3 weeks I am up like 21k in 60 and -20k in 1/2 is so infuriating that I have no words for it.

I need to stop running good in the small games and just go busto. Or should I say build my "meta bankroll"?

Hopefully I win like 10 in the first 2 days this weekend too so I can lose it all the next day in 1/2. I think I'll try Stud again, the players in that game are especially tough.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Commerce is so awesome.

I sit down, post in the C/O. Folded to me and I raise pf.
I proceed to raise two more hands pf before my blinds. So this hand will be my fourth pf raise in 8 hands. I didn't show any of them.

Limper UTG+1. He is unknown, but seems to be typical Commerce loose passive. Folded to me in sb. I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB calls, limper calls. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I fire. BB folds, limper calls. Cool. Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I fire again, and again limper calls. At this point I am totally unconcerned with limpers hand and just waiting to see another spade or possible trouble if the K pairs.

River is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I gleefully fire and start counting my chips. Limper hems and haws. I know he is gonna call, but is taking his damm sweet time about it.

Villian: "I'm not even going to raise with my full house".
Me: Huh?
Me: You have a full house?(as he calls).
Me: I have a flush(flash my jack).
Villian: Yeah, full house(shows A2).

I swear I would have put in 4 bets at least on that river. I didn't even see the possible full house. All I saw on the river was a spade. Eh.

Ali: What did you think he had?(totally incredulous at what has just transpired).
Villian: I dunno...Set of aces or set of kings...he raised before the flop.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:49 AM

I might be the FGators of commerce limit.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:56 AM

I am a Luckbox.

Preflop: UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, MP 3-bets, BTN calls, SB calls, Hero calls 97 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to MP who bets, BTN calls, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, MP caps, BTN calls, SB folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, MP/BTN fold, Hero 3b/5b/call villains AI.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Beat: overlimped in HJ with 94o first hand I ever played in the Bike 40/80 game because I naturally assumed I had to post and since I had no chips I just rapped the table and the dealer is like "call" and then the guy that posted in CO mucks and I'm like "oops" on the inside but don't say anything. Flop K94 turn K. And then I let Maria play my chips one hand and she calls utg raise with KJo and I have to tell her and Roc that they are terrible at lhe because how can you call utg raise with KJo and they tell me I'm insane.

Brag: Played BQAHOT mix starting at 80 then bumped to 1/2 and I think the fact that I got us to start it with Q in the mix should nominate me for living national treasure. Having the genius idea to add A later should bump me up to sainthood. It was a glorious time, with multiple paint cards making it to the bitter end in Hilo Regular and no shortage of people drawing to 8s and 7s in Ace to Five and then putting in 3+ bets when they get there. Roc correctly jammed so many 75s in A-5 against worse 7s and other unsightly holdings that it was almost sickening. This session proved the simple idea that it doesn't matter how good you are at a game, what counts is how bad everyone else is.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 AM

A pretty messed up hand from Borg 40/80. Don't really remember exact action, not really relevant.
An old nitty gentleman (NG) gets moved to the main game. He limps early position, a pretty good young asian kid (YAK) raises in late position, flop is heads up i think, with the board of 5 9 10 with a flush draw. NG check and calls. Turn is another 10. NG checks, YAK bets. NG messes around for a bit with black $100 and blue $10 chips he has on the table and finally pushes in a bet of 2 blue and 2 black chips for a total amount of $220. Everybody including YAK and dealer are a little mystified by this. Dealer starts to make some sense of the amount and explains to the NG that he needs to take some back and put some more blues in to make it $160 for a raise that he appears to be doing. NG doesn't understand what seems to be the problem and then announces that he didn't intend to raise at all and was just calling. A floor is called and it's obviously ruled as a raise. As soon as the floor announces the raise YAK instantly cuts out 16 more chips and puts it near his original bet for a reraise.
Then nothing happens. For a while, maybe a minute or so. Everyone is looking at NG, he is just staring into some void. One of the other players in the game calls for a clock. Floor comes over again and starts the clock, looking at NG and telling him he has 1 minute to act. NG is untouched by anything happening around him and keeps staring into the void. Time passes, the floor counts the time down from 10 seconds. 10 seconds are up and dealer kills NG's hand and pushes the pot to YAK.
At the sight of this, NG comes back to life and asks the dealer why is his hand dead and why is the pot shipped to someone else. Dealer informs him that the clock has been called on him and he didn't act in time. NG looks bewildered and explains that he had no idea that the clock was actually on him, he apparently didn't see the 3bet and thought that the clock was on YAK who was thinking about calling his raise.
He racks up and leaves when it gets to his big blind.
Closed Thread