Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Default general question 1 c betting

when should we not c bet?

I pretty much do everytime no matter what, but I remember seeing Gehrig write something about using pokerstove to figure out when to c bet or not in NL (specifically talking about when ur 3bet is called). How does this work exactly?

when should we not c bet either in a HU or 3 way pot where u raised or where u 3bet?

Secondly, I wasnt refering to hands where we ck to make villains range wider that puts in money (aka we're not c betting with the intention of calling villains bet later in the hand). So my first question is when do we not c bet and give up on the hand.

And my second is when should we ck intending to continue with the hand later. Does this ever come into play in a 3 way pot?

Ive started to ck behind QQ on Axy boards and things like that HU and it seems to work out well so far, but I feel like its only a good play in a vacuum (and is this better used in 3 bet pots or once raised pots?).

Against decent players who we play often ck'ing in these spots will give a ton of information in future hands everytime we do it wont it? Theres no shania here at all I'm literally only cking when I'm intending not to fold if he bets the turn. If i have air or something I dont want to showdown or call a turn bet with if I ck I always bet right, so wheres the balance? Seems like a lot of even good NL players have no shania satisfication in this line whatsoever, so eventually doesnt it become very easy to play against that line for villain if not perfectly? Does it still make them make more mistakes (or us fewer) cking in those spots than c betting?