Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Default New, Official, All Things \'Michelle Wie\' Thread

I never want to see the phrase, "Michelle Wie, -2, T11 after morning round", again.

I'll start. I don't think she'll be getting any more non-Hawaiian PGA Tour invites any time soon. Aren't most of the smaller events that would like her as a draw getting snuffed next year?

I do think she'll back into a LPGA major next year, however. She's absolutely given 2-3 away already. In the last two years she's got top fives in all four majors. Short list of players who've ever done that any two years of their career. Tiger, Phold, Els & VJ(maybe), Flicka & maybe Webb & Pak the only active ones I can think of.

Her game, recent results, & immediate outlook are trainwrecks right now, but she has a few huge advantages: True talent, plenty of time, & mad paper.

I predict in a couple of years we'll see the "Why BJ Decided To Step Back" articles, and she'll start cruising, assuming being the best woman golfer in the world is what she'll eventually decide she wants to be.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: New, Official, All Things \'Michelle Wie\' Thread

Also, Michelle Wie playing on the Nationwide tour is ridiculous for any number of reasons.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Michelle Wie playing on the PGA tour is ridiculous for any number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, unless you'd like to actually list the reasons and not develop an argument that amounts to "just because."
Old 09-17-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Michelle Wie playing on the PGA tour is ridiculous for any number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, unless you'd like to actually list the reasons and not develop an argument that amounts to "just because."

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I don't think she should play on the PGA Tour, either. I can certainly see why she's received the invites and why she's accepted them, tho.

As for the NWide tour, are no upside/huge downside psychologically & financially, good enough reasons?

One of Michelle's "problems", IMO, has been that she simply doesn't play enough tournaments & and thus hasn't been able to develop winning habits. Of course, she was obviously limited by living in Hawaii, having non-rich parents, and the USGA's stupid shamateur rules.

BTW, the good ol' boy chairman of the 84 Lumber just said on ESPN that she "needs to get away from all the guy stuff".
Closed Thread