Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM

Default HU SnG\'s - Suggestion for PokerStars / FullTilt

I personally think both Pokerstars and Fulltilt are missing out on a huge opportunity when it comes to HU sng's. They need to make these more revealing for the ordinary joe.

I think they should have a "REMATCH" option at the end of a HU sng. If both players click on this "REMATCH" button, it automatically would register you into the same buy-in level of another HU sng, and your new table will open. I say, bring the "REMATCH" option and let the winner freeroll into a tilt session with his opponent and increase his profit levels.

I also would suggest they bring on the HU SHOOTOUTS (TURBO) version.

Pokerstars over the summer took upon the 16 player and 32 player HU sng's that run 24/7. However, they never fill up past the $10 buy-in level. I loved this idea at first, but after noticing that mainly the $5's fill up, it just was not profitable for me to play in it. I would end up winning 2-3 games to only make a profit of $5-$12 for 1.5 hrs of spending time.

I would suggest they implement a smaller field of a shootout, 8 player shootouts. They should run these in all levels, where top 2 would make the money (1st 62.50% / 2nd 37.50%). This would be real fun!

Anyone have any other suggestions? Let us suggest some more "unique" ideas on how to make HU SnG's more fun and profitable.

-- MxGucci
Old 11-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: HU SnG\'s - Suggestion for PokerStars / FullTilt

8 man turbo shootouts would be pretty sweet.

Like E-crack, I think I'd just play these all day and probably commit suicide during the first downswing.

Rematch button would be great, especially for the lower portion of the high level games (55-220s) where you get a lot of random players just donking around (mtters, hu cash players, sng players).

Perhaps we should start an email petition for the rematch button on Stars/Tilt.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:38 PM

I remember emailing PokerStars back in March for them to implement bigger shootouts for HU SNG's, and in June they came out with the 16/32 player ones, I think the 8 players would be sweet. Top 2 making the money, lots of profit potential up here!

How would we go along with getting our voice heard?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:45 PM

Rematch buttons!!!!

ZOMG.

Somebody write up the text so we can all send a mail. I cant do it, Im German.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:55 PM

Join one of those exclusive German 5 dollar freerolls Pokerstars always has and offer to send people a dollar for sending an email to support about rematch buttons.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Join one of those exclusive German 5 dollar freerolls Pokerstars always has and offer to send people a dollar for sending an email to support about rematch buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM

Those shootouts just dramatically increase your variance plus you can't game select any good. But I'd LOVE a rematch button. All the fish that are taking you down the first match trough always catching a better hand than you are gonnna "continue crushing you". $$$
Please someone put up an email to send them, I am too lazy.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 PM

I would put up an email but I suck at writing professional letters although I went to college and learned all that mumbo jumbo. Anyways, I will see what I can dig up and I'll post it if I think it is worth sharing.

-- MxGucci
Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM

PokerStars Support,

Hi, I'm writing this letter because I have a suggestion to improve the game for myself and other players.

I mainly play heads up tournament games, or heads up sit n' go poker. I find that often times I get involved in a long and fun match with another good player and we both want to play each other again. When the game finishes we sit in another game but a lot of times another random player will register before one of us can sit and we miss out on playing again.

For this reason I am suggesting that PokerStars adopt a "rematch" button, similar to Ultimate Bet. That way if 2 players both agree to a rematch they can play each other again without having to worry about another player sitting with us.

Thank you and continue to provide me with the best poker site around,

XXXXX

Change around some stuff so they're not all the same.

A couple "I think you should add a rematch button because I like to play the same players multiple times" should be good too. Obviously if a ton of people send it to Stars they're going to realize it came from the same spot, but if we all support this change anyways it's an honest attempt at getting something changed.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get involved in a long and fun match with another good player and we both want to play each other again.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my....