Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life

Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Default If you are feeling bad about yourself, read this

For all the lazy people struggling with school and sucking at life, read this. Next time you feel your procrastination or lazyness is killing you, just think about me and know there is hope since you can't be worse off than I am.

*5 +years in community college and still can't find a major and I have to apply to transfer in fall 08. I just don't have a passion in life. I declared an english major but I have no passion for this at all other than being a good writer. If I do find another major I might be forced to spend more time in community college taking prerequesites.
* I have to get no c's in any of my classes this semester to have a chance to transfer to my local uni which I was told would take me with a 2.6 gpa (mine is 2.5 something). I am unfortunately working on 2 c's [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
* In order for me to transfer to this uni I have to complete my statistics class a year before the semester im applying to (fall 08). Unfortunately i am doing horrible in this class, failed the first test, and skipped the second one because I had not done any reading in any of the chapters it was on. THIS IS MY MUST PASS CLASS! DO OR DIE and I am procrastinating on it.
* I am totally busto after I pay rent I have less than 200 bucks on my checking account every month.
* my parents are busto as well. If I don't work I can't afford to live where I do so i am basically supporting my mother and sister. If I apply to transfer out of state i won't be able to afford it and I probably wont be able to qualify for any scholarships due to my horrible gpa.
* beat = 24 years old (5 years at community college) I have wasted my life.
*everytime I open a book/start doing homework I get this inmense sense of sleepyness/tiredness. I can sleep 10 hours and then start working on my homework and feel like I only slept 3. It is really difficult succeeding in your classes when homework feels like kryptonite. Imagine superman trying to save the world with a kryptonite crystal stuck in his back, that is how I feel.

cliff notes: 5+ years at community college and undecided on major, low gpa not good enough to transfer anywhere decent, busto, degenerate procrastinator to the point of procrastinating in the do or die class which will decide future.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: If you are feeling bad about yourself, read this

i don't know what you expect people here to say to you other then stop slacking and get your [censored] done. also, maybe you should just find a job somewhere that you can slave at for the next 40+ years and and hate your life even more. i was somewhat in your situation 3 years at Community college and a 3.0 gpa i wasn't very motivated but the idea of working a job i hate the rest of my life or ending up like the people that are 30+ and still working at the pizza hut i work at was enough motivation for me to get my [censored] together and start taking school seriously. now I'm on my way to becoming a Physical Therapist. Just find something that motivates you and focus on it. you said you wanted to major in English. have you thought about becoming a teacher of some sort i know that that job is highly rewarding and you could take time to write because you get summers off.

p.s. Weed severely inhibits motivation and is a drain on the wallet!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM

I have gotten a's in all my english classes so i just picked that major based on the grades I got, not on me liking it and besides the money I'll be making with an english major is peanuts. My local university is very competitive and the chances of me getting in are all going to be based on luck. I am looking into applying into out of state schools which have higher acceptance rates but I don't know much about financial aid options. I can't afford 20k a year my family is on the poverty line.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM

Maybe you have ADD. Get yo self some Ritalin or something.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Did you mean to post this in BBV4L?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
In your situation I'll get some adderall
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so i'm just a degenerate procrastinator who lacks motivation to do anything. I come up with schemes and excuses to not do the work on time. In english and computer classes I get a's but unfortunately I'm horrible at math so that eliminated a computer major as my choice (and no graphic design is not for me i can't draw). Everytime I have to do something homework related I feel like taking a nap, it is like all the energy in my body is drained. My procrastination has taken a degenerate tone as I am procrastinating on my statistics class which I know if I don't pass I am basically screwed for transfering in fall 08.

So even when I know i am ruining myself I can't stop procrastinating.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:31 PM

have you tried trying?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:48 PM

What do you do for $$? Or do you work/school it?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do for $$? Or do you work/school it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I work 30 hours a week. I got 3 days off but 2 of those days i have all my classes so I just got 1 pure day off. Having 3 days off is enough for everyone except a procrastinator like me. When you procrastinate as much as me 3 days is not enough to catch up on a month's work of reading in 1 class alone. Most of the time the 2 days off i go to school i procrastinate so that leaves me with 1 day to do everything.