Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

Switched to flat... now I can follow it...thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still like Gold.He is a terrible player, but he is a gracious loser and makes a hell of a TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

gracious loser? huh? am i missing something? He went on and on about how he thought he had the best hand and was being nice to Sammy, which is a TOTAL crock of sh*t!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy Liberte talking about his hand in the middle of a hand he is not in is much more out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Barry at least had the balls to inform Guy of his mistake, and once again, Guy seemed to look around with his circus clown "is he serious?" face. For someone that is meant to be highly intelligent and successful, how does he not understand the consequences of stating that two crucial cards are out of play when decisions are still being made in what was a pretty big pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes a goofy french guy and immediatly covered his mouth realizing he made a mistake.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lololol @ guy's checkraise.

then barry says "like I said, we can't beat this game", and Guy looks up all defensively. He is such a bad, bad, horrible player. His accent, backwards cap, horrid play and defensiveness regarding joking jibes is starting to piss me off more than Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how anyone could come out and call Guy a bad, bad horrible player at this stage. Maybe you know him for other games but I'm thinking your judging him on his reputation as a whale and his appearances. Let's grow up a little and acknowledge that every large decision he's had to make so far, he's made the right decision. Maybe he's just getting lucky, it is a small sample size, but I think he's played fairly well, besides maybe some loose calls on 3rd st in smallish pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you know this crazy thing we're using called the internet? Well, besides using a message forum you can also play poker. Guy does this, btw, using the screenname noataima. Just an fyi.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can say his etiquette sucks and he looks like a douche, but you can't really say he hasn't been gambling, that's just not true at all. He has been splashing around a ridiculous amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you're right. But beyond being wrong and bad for the game, I guess I just find his obsession with chops and doing business to be somewhat, I dunno, contradictory to his gamble-y nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

shane, I agree with this, as does doyal Obv and possibly Barry. But IMO it is up to teh players (all 9) to decide what is okey and what isn't. I mean poker is pretty arbitrary, and you can spin it to the point where it is a whole new monster (like you say it is here to a certain extent).

The reason I dont have a problem with all this "soft playing" btwn sammy and everyone is it seems to be accepted by the players, and IMO they are the ones who call teh shots.

I too would like to see pots being played the way they should (imo w/o chops, caps, etc..), but if the guys are okey playing this way, I just have to accept it.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the standard in this game is dreadful, maybe now people will understand how jman wasn't being arrogant when he said it was such a soft game

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

he played those queens almost as good as this set of 7s . he really bet that flop well. the check on the turn. masterful. folding the best hand.. priceless.

they don't come better than that guy. did you notice when hellmuth called your boy a nit noone disagreed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiots like this guy who derail every thread on HSP by bringing up Jman when he isn't even on the episode should be hit with a ban.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy Liberte talking about his hand in the middle of a hand he is not in is much more out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Barry at least had the balls to inform Guy of his mistake, and once again, Guy seemed to look around with his circus clown "is he serious?" face. For someone that is meant to be highly intelligent and successful, how does he not understand the consequences of stating that two crucial cards are out of play when decisions are still being made in what was a pretty big pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you were there in person and have reason to think there was some funny editing going on, you have the time line all mixed up.

Sammy and Jamie are talking about having a set.

Guy says (relatively quietly) "Oh my god, I would have flopped a straight, Ten-Six" and immediately covers his mouth looking embarrassed.

Then Barry says (again, fairly quietly) "yeah, but they're in the pot, you're not".

Sammy and Jamie continue to talk it up, seemingly unaware of what Guy said. Later, after the first turn card is dealt, Jamie seems genuinely surprised when Guy again says that he had T6. Jamie was directly to the left of Guy while Sammy was clear across the table.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:00 AM

I can't wait for Jamie to be replaced by Daniel. It is so frustrating to watch him play.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes one time him and Eli actually chopped, but that was a HU pot and for the most part doesn't affect anybody else at the table. I know that technically it's not right because some of the money in the pot that they're chopping isn't theirs

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about how you figure some of the money in a pot when it's heads up could be anything but theirs? Anyone that has folded has no claim on that pot - once the money is in the pot it's not yours anymore and once you fold you have no claim on the pot whatsoever!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either show more hands or make more episodes like PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't a lot of cutting in HSP - they simply didn't play more hands in the first place (which I guess is the main reason some of the players seem so annoyed).