Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

are you reading it in flat or threaded view?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop saying that , the queens hand was not on the same level of bad as the plays that Farha, Eli, Gold and Guy make all the time
Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he played those queens almost as good as this set of 7s . he really bet that flop well. the check on the turn. masterful. folding the best hand.. priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? that's the standard of being a nit? lol. this doesn't seem that bad to me. he can make big calls too... http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=979308049 of course there isn't 8 seeing the flop there
Old 11-20-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he played those queens almost as good as this set of 7s . he really bet that flop well. the check on the turn. masterful. folding the best hand.. priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? that's the standard of being a nit? lol. this doesn't seem that bad to me. he can make big calls too... http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=979308049 of course there isn't 8 seeing the flop there

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't seem that bad? 8 saw the flop and he hit's the set and only bets 800? horrible.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the whole hand was a display of severe breach of poker etiquette imo and just annoying to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's nothing wrong with talking... i'll agree gold way overdid it. but in the end it worked. he got what he wanted. do you realize that there is much greater freedom in a cash game than a tournament?

jamie does make an ass of himself. i'm sure that most of the more self absorbed posters on this forum will assert that they'd have gotten away from those two kings. i'm not so certain. especially against sammy. oh wait. weak tight rules the day here. most would have probably folded preflop. posters around here would say "i'd fold my kings against sammy and pick a better spot to felt him". big talk

[/ QUOTE ]

if he played it normally no but what could jamie have when he plays like this, i mean just call th n all the sudden put in a lot of bets in the dark?

and ofc theres a lot of freedom, everything u agree about is ok and kaplan says that call is not binding so when is it?
i mean he behaves really bad aswell, really un pleasant.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie is the best at putting people on tilt DURING a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just catching up on this thread, but this is pretty true. I've yet to decide if its all an act or if he's just naturally like that. His screaming and crying in this episode looked so desperate that I certainly don't think it was an act. But then again, maybe it was.

By the way, while I've never really liked Gold I've often defended him. Both his personality and his playing ability. After this hand... I don't think I can do it anymore.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the imprssion during the entire hand that Sammy thought Jamie was either on KK or 10,10 and this is why he checked the river because there was a possibility that Jamie was on 10,10 and was being nice to Sammy for "ragging out" on his aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this is true, and its not really there's one way for Jamie to have 10s and 6 ways for him to have Ks. Thats a super easy push.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 PM

Antonio Esfandiari loves this country, imo
Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 PM

I found the whole AA vs. KK situation tiresome to watch.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop saying that , the queens hand was not on the same level of bad as the plays that Farha, Eli, Gold and Guy make all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

farha always bets the flop in the same situation that philly was in. farha wouldn't have run away from a "less than" pot sized bet on that same flop.

but.. bad play is bad play... if you want to dissect it to degrees of badness i can see that you have a point. you too can see mine.