Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Default November Low-Content Thread

Working sucks. I've been stuck at my day job for 6 days/wk and up to 11 hrs/day. This means 2 trips to Commerce in the past 3 weeks.

I have, however, moved up to 5/10 6-max online so I can play for like an hour after work and get in 200 hands, far more than I would in a normal 5-hr session at Commerce.

Plus, people hand me their money for free, like in this hand:

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Js As (two pair, jacks and fours).
Button has 9s 9c (two pair, nines and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.70 BB. </font>
Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

being a fish on a heater is much better than actually being good at poker
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoots, I thought PJ was going to say the hand was reversed and he was the villain in this hand!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoots, I thought PJ was going to say the hand was reversed and he was the villain in this hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

my comment had nothing to do with PJ or his hand
Old 11-02-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I envy the fish sometimes because I know I'm not capable of the type of heaters that they can go on. Maybe there's something to this and I need to just stop trying to play well and embrace my inner fish, because I desperately need a heater.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:09 AM

super brag

i ran hot as the sun tonight: 9 racks in 9 hours,

AA good in 4/5 pots and all had 4+ ppl and 4+ bets pre

i won 2 pots of over 1k with A-high in 4 way action

i was able to c/r 3 streets on one hand

i hit 4 gut shots in multiway pots

i got 3 bet by a rock on QJT4 board in 4 way action, and did not have to chop my AK
Old 11-03-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
super brag

i ran hot as the sun tonight: 9 racks in 9 hours,

AA good in 4/5 pots and all had 4+ ppl and 4+ bets pre

i won 2 pots of over 1k with A-high in 4 way action

i was able to c/r 3 streets on one hand

i hit 4 gut shots in multiway pots

i got 3 bet by a rock on QJT4 board in 4 way action, and did not have to chop my AK

[/ QUOTE ]

how old are you... you cant be all that good at the pokerz... the 30 game at the park is a joke

- john
Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM

24, run hot as sun &gt; good at pokerz, agree
Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 PM

I unfortunately am missing the awsome games that run at Commerce during donkament time. I was lucky enough to get 2 hours in as I was passing by Commerce last night and might get a few hours in Thursday night, but thats it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, I had about ten posts of awesome stories from that two hours but deceided instead to do a brief summary:

Sat down at new $20-40 LHE table so nit filled that 5 players were arguing about who was higher on the board so they could choose seats.

Thankfully was quickly moved to super awesome table featuring a donkey tournament player who thought he was really good and The Mongoose, whom I love and adore even if he did send off from my table once with "Y'all can kiss my black ass".

Any table The Mongoose(refers to himself in the third person) is at is guaranteed to be super awesome. When he runs bad, he spews chips like no other. When he runs good, he is super awesome at tilting entire tables. He can rake pot after pot from me with 26 for all I care. He is awesome.

Tournament donkey berates The Mongoose for playing said 26o. I empathize with The Mongoose but do not interject into the conversation as clearly The Mongoose is a grown man and can handle himself. His final statement of the conversation is "The Mongoose kills cobras".

Said tournament donkey proceeds to win the min against my A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on an all heart flop where he flops the flush with 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], played UTG 2 hands after berating The Mongoose, by failing to c/r me on any street and instead taking the horrible awful line of c/c, donk, donk.

Cindy Violette smiled at me. I need me some milf.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM

quick question

how many full BB mistakes can you make in a typical CA mid-stakes game per hour and still be a decent winner. e.g. you play solid poker most the time but then make a few stupid mistakes that are almost a full BB mistake.

Maybe my question answers itself. If great player who can win 1 BB per hour, then a good player who makes a "Full BB Mistakes" every other hour would only be a .5 BB per hour winner. (assuming they played the same otherwise)
Is this correct?
Closed Thread