Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: $20 Trick at the Wynn

I'd reccomend giving them more money, like $100 if you're there for four nights.

And to the poster who said something about the tower suites- i'm assuming you had a regular room in the tower suites, which, is the same thing as a resort room anywhere else in the hotel, except the color cheme is more likeable and you get a toothbrush and newspaper.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 PM

The $100 tip is probably less than the toothbrush and newspaper would cost in the gift shop.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 PM

$20 tip at MGM yesterday got me upper floor with awesome view...checked in 11am and room was ready. Not much but not bad. Was hoping for a skyloft c/w butler & porshe...maybe I'll try $100 next time.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:55 PM

Tried this at Mandalay last August. The clerk was VERY interested and clearly worked to improve my room situation. Sadly, there were two conventions (including the Gentlemen's Club Owners Conference) going at the time, and no rooms. In the end, there was no upgrade available, and the $20 was not given. I did have this work once before, at Mandalay. It is hit or miss, and depends on many factors.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:45 AM

If they fail to upgrade you, it's standard to not accept the tip. Anyone who did is either brand new or shifty.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would booking through the poker room have any effect on the $20?

Anyone have experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I booked through the poker room last March and upon arrival used the $20 tip trick to upgrade to a slightly larger room on a very high floor. How much the $20 tip helps will depend on the time of year and day of week.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I booked through the poker room last March and upon arrival used the $20 tip trick to upgrade to a slightly larger room on a very high floor. How much the $20 tip helps will depend on the time of year and day of week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely correct. They can't upgrade you if rooms are not available. During slow periods, the $20 trick often works like a charm.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:02 PM

I was planning on going the day after Xma(or possibly that night, the 26th) and leaving the 29th or 30th, before New Years. I assume this isn't really an ideal time?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning on going the day after Xma(or possibly that night, the 26th) and leaving the 29th or 30th, before New Years. I assume this isn't really an ideal time?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it would be the ideal time for you when you checkin. Up until that Saturday night, the city will be fairly quiet relatively speaking.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they fail to upgrade you, it's standard to not accept the tip. Anyone who did is either brand new or shifty.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was fully aware of this fact, and conveyed to me that she did not expect the tip since she could not upgrade me. She also conveyed, as best she could, how much she really wanted to get the upgrade (and hence, the $20).