Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: 25-50 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ratholer...And a good one....And the orginal caller would just call 80% of the time with any pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is an awesome plan when the coldcaller might have AA or KK as much as 20% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice deduction skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed where he said that he's calling any pair, and I doubt its true. In the first post he said its one of the best and tightest players in the game. If thats the case he's almost definitely not calling 22 and might be folding even 88 and 99 to EM2's utg raise. No one thinks of me as tight but when i coldcall UTG's raise next to act my range is probably 99+, AK.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9 handed game on stars I have 5k, this is from 2 weeks ago and have no hand history

I open to 200 in UTG, best player in the game also the tightest utg +1 calls this means 66+ AK+ probably. I am a very tight player and he knows what ranges are profitable. The co gets it all in whos a short stack with 1100, can I call here with jacks? What is the best you need to call with and shove with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I play 6-max, not full ring.

Can someone let me know the difference between 66 and 22 regarding putting his range on 66+ instead of 22+ plz?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 05:31 PM

there is no difference in a raised pot when you dont have the initiative between 22 and 77, you are basically setmining because the raisers range is all overpairs to either hand so it doesnt really matter.

however, most of the shortstacks are shoving a really tight range here, not 44+ AQ+ etc like fatalerror said. a really tight shorty will be shoving like 99+ AK because the solid raiser is utg and the caller is super solid, so we are flipping/behind most of the shorty's range, and there is a pretty good possibility that the caller has a really good hand, making fold the best option
Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9 handed game on stars I have 5k, this is from 2 weeks ago and have no hand history

I open to 200 in UTG, best player in the game also the tightest utg +1 calls this means 66+ AK+ probably. I am a very tight player and he knows what ranges are profitable. The co gets it all in whos a short stack with 1100, can I call here with jacks? What is the best you need to call with and shove with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone let me know the difference between 66 and 22 regarding putting his range on 66+ instead of 22+ plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got no response from this.
I was really hoping EM2 would reply since he is the OP who said it.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got no response from this.
I was really hoping EM2 would reply since he is the OP who said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played a ton of NL but it's probably the combination of:

1. If someone else calls and the 3-way pot winds up getting checked down, 66 obviously beats more hands than 22.

2. Set over set in a 3+ handed pot. Rare but not insignificant.

3. Related to point 1 you can peel more profitable w/ 66 if there is a bet (but probably not if the bet is from a solid UTG raiser.)

4. Little things like one-card straight and flush outs are a lot more valuable with 66 than 22.

5. 22 gets counterfeited more easily, pretty significant when it's been checked down against overcards.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this one of those role reversal hands where em2 is utg+1?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously. this post might as well have been, what is this donkey doing calling/shoving JJ here when I, the great EM2, have flat called him UTG+1!????
Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 PM

Ike is about right he has like AA-KK here about 15% of the time. And IM UTG and I dont get the ADZ comments.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM

instaaaaaaaaaaashoveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee