Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Default MOST INTERESTING HAND OF MY LIFE

guys this is deff a mid stakes hand but it is so interesting to me and there is so much going on and i was so lost on the river that i think its worth posting here (if it pisses you guys off...well than mod do your thing)

bear with me this is kinda long but necessary

absolutely crazy live game...

2-5NL i have like 1100 and everyone covers

somehow whether its limp reraise or just a normal bump about 60% of all pots are getting 3bet to like 120+ (this is because the game is playing REALLY LAGGY, and it is pretty profitable to be able to put another raise in pf because player X opens to 30 or so with a huge range and like 4 people call but usually only one or maybe two people are calling the reraises)

Anyway-onto the hand...
Villain in this hand is a middle aged lawyer who is pretty aggro for a live donkey (hes got like 1.5k and i have like 1.2k)

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG (from 3 seat) and limp in going for the obvi limp reraise

villain makes it 30 from like the 6 or 7 seat and gets 2 callers, i make it 115 and villain is the only one that calls

at this point im 100% positive that he is calling my raise with absolutely anything he opens with except maybe a 24s or something but like 67s hes deff in there

so I put him on any pair and JT+ here with a huge majority of his range being hands like QJ KT etc, also i KNOW that hes aggro and that if i check this flop he bets it with his entire range so (1.) i decide to go for the check raise (1.)

but villain bets 225 (i was expecting like a 150-200 bet which would have been typical from him) verbally (with strength in his voice) and really quickly into like 290 with a flop of 2 6 Q rainbow... at this point i have like 800 or 900 left and decide that a check raise would be kinda awkward bc of stack sizes (if he calls il have no FE on turn and if i shove it would be a pretty big overbet in his eyes and i thought hed prolly call with like JJ TT etc so (2.) i decide to kinda float him and just call flop (2.)

(3.) i check turn (3.), which was a blank, bc that is how i would play QQ KK AA etc which is obvi what im repping here... (3.)
he checks back pretty quickly

(4.) i lead river, another blank-like a 7 or something, for 375 (4.) he thinks for a few seconds asks how much i have and then says hes all in, at this point im wondering why he would ask how much i have bc we are at the river and if his hand is consistent with this raise it shouldnt really matter what i have assuming its <1k... this really gives me pause...

so who calls the river here? final board is like 2 3 6 7 Q r

I also thought that it was weird that he would be bluffing here bc he obvi doesnt have much FE for my last like 400 into like a 2k pot, plus I was uncertain about teh call bc there is a good chance that I would be getting value bluffed here by like 33 or something lame like that

basically i feel like i kinda screwed this hand up on several levels/streets so plz comment on everything: 1,2,3,4 and river call/fold (also fwiw i would have been value betting 99+ there with that same bet size on the river and would have instantly called a shove with any of those hands)...
Old 06-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: MOST INTERESTING HAND OF MY LIFE

btw il post my thoughts and results after some discussion
Old 06-23-2007, 02:39 PM

you write really weird.Whats the rivercard?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you write really weird.Whats the rivercard?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thanks and river was a blank, i edited post but it was like a 3 or something (no flush board not paired)
Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 PM

wow horrid. put this in nano stakes
Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think this is horrible? maybe im not describing the game or villain properly but his range for that flop bet is very nearly ATC and it is absolutely any2 that he opens with...
Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM

rand,

how is this high stakes? and please don't post like this in the future. You made my eyes bleed 1/10th through.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 PM

Uhhhh couldn't have been played any worse.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i nearly posted these exact words.

this isnt nearly a high stakes hand.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:48 PM

tl;dr.