Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: f;hgghsfsgdgjfdityrehvfadksbjv

[ QUOTE ]
Purdue was in the top 25 when we beat them. We had the 71st most difficult schedule before playing at PSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing, before the game- "Ohio State needs to beat PSU to prove they are good". Go in there, kick the crap out of them "I guess PSU isn't thbat good". Absolutely dominate 9 teams this year, something no one has done, even teams with much crappier schedules.

Penn State- #4 Scoring Defense allowing 15 ppg- put up 37 with a crappy QB (could have easily put up 50 if the game wasn't already a blowout)

PSU - #9 Run Defense- < 80 ypg, run all over them 203 yards

Hold their Offense to 10 points, at home, in supposedly a tough place to play.

Find a team in the country not named LSU or Oregon who has done even close to this, consistently all season.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 AM

I heart Trinity College to death. Someone find me a youtube of that.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 AM

The reason people are dogging Ohio State is that no one in the Big Ten has a good non-conference win this season. Ohio State's win over 2-6 Washington might honestly be the best OOC win of anyone in the conference.

Now, the Buckeyes have still played very well this season and I still believe they deserve to be #1, but I can see where the doubters are coming from.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason people are dogging Ohio State is that no one in the Big Ten has a good non-conference win this season. Ohio State's win over 2-6 Washington might honestly be the best OOC win of anyone in the conference.

Now, the Buckeyes have still played very well this season and I still believe they deserve to be #1, but I can see where the doubters are coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is these fools don't watch the games. I understand, and it sucks that the Big 10 is so damn pathetic this year. I was hoping for beating a good Wisconsin and good Illinois and National Title Contending Michigan @ Michigan- but oh well. It sucks that we scheduled Washington when they were actually good and won the Rose Bowl rather than losing to the Arizona Mildcats. But even supposedly great teams have struggled against worse opponents all year. USC losing to Stanford, LSU to Kentucky, Cal losing to UCLA, SC to Vandy, WV losing to whoever they lost to. It's tough to win all your games, even if they are not the best opponents. Its even tougher to absolutely dominate everyone. In other years, where there are dominant teams, I would understand Ohio State being ranked behind a few teams. But this year, no one has put the results on the field better (so far). I've held off getting too excited about the season until this real test (although supposedly Purdue was going to be the first test). We passed with flying colors and are 3 games away from avenging the most embarrassing game I have ever witnessed. Jim Tressel has done an absolutely marvelous job in his 6 years at Ohio State with an absolutely solid program every year.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:47 AM

I think Corso is drunk
Old 10-28-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is these fools don't watch the games. I understand, and it sucks that the Big 10 is so damn pathetic this year. I was hoping for beating a good Wisconsin and good Illinois and National Title Contending Michigan @ Michigan- but oh well. It sucks that we scheduled Washington when they were actually good and won the Rose Bowl rather than losing to the Arizona Mildcats. But even supposedly great teams have struggled against worse opponents all year. USC losing to Stanford, LSU to Kentucky, Cal losing to UCLA, SC to Vandy, WV losing to whoever they lost to. It's tough to win all your games, even if they are not the best opponents. Its even tougher to absolutely dominate everyone. In other years, where there are dominant teams, I would understand Ohio State being ranked behind a few teams. But this year, no one has put the results on the field better (so far). I've held off getting too excited about the season until this real test (although supposedly Purdue was going to be the first test). We passed with flying colors and are 3 games away from avenging the most embarrassing game I have ever witnessed. Jim Tressel has done an absolutely marvelous job in his 6 years at Ohio State with an absolutely solid program every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh...i agree, to some extent. there are a lot of teams everyone "knows" is better than tOSU, but only they have actually gone out there and gotten it done.
i don't know what the [censored] happened to us at Kentucky...
Old 10-28-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps Ohio State will get some god damn respect after donkey stomping Penn State at Crappy Valley. But I won't get my hopes up too much. We'll be hearing about how Penn State was overrated, and not that good, and a 20 point win is not impressive. No worries, I'll just be able to bet on Ohio State -7 next week against Wiscrapsin and get maximum value.

[/ QUOTE ]

woohoo!!!!

i was worried about this game. it could not have turned out better but that kickoff return pissed me off.

OSU's offense has had me worried this season but they put it together today and played very solid.

defense gave up some drives but that's okay. no way we completely shut them down like we did last week to mich state.

this team is getting stronger and stronger and stronger every week.

now we get 2 home games in a row to continue this trend before heading to Michigan for a tough game.

Go Bucks!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:57 AM

Holy mother Trinity College!! So [censored] sick!

Youtube please.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

meh...i agree, to some extent. there are a lot of teams everyone "knows" is better than tOSU, but only they have actually gone out there and gotten it done.
i don't know what the [censored] happened to us at Kentucky...

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, u must be joking, right?

who out there is better than OSU right now? there are definitely some teams that are playing at OSU's level but to say they are better is absurd.

who are these teams and would you risk your life savings that these teams beat them on a neutral field?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 AM

OSU is weak for a #1 team, but they have clearly proven that they are the #1 team this season compared to the rest. Doesn't say much for their competition.