Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: NBA over/under win totals

[ QUOTE ]
I think they are a little high, but they wouldn't be in my top picks. If they were in the West, I would agree.

If you get a healthy DWade and Shaq, Smush Parker, Haslem, Walker, that's a team that could make a decent run in a still very weak conference.

By the way, if Tony is short for Anthony, is phony short for Anfernee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its preseason where tons of players get overhyped, but word is that Jason Williams is in the best shape of his career and looking great. This team really could go either way imo...I'd stay clear of this line.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- The under looks good on the Magic. They don't have anybody with any kind of real offensive game, no way they win 40+ when their main source of scoring is howard rebound putbacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Rashard Lewis?

I think you're underestimating them a bit. I actually expected the line to be lower though. Dwight Howard is still learning and improving...for God's sake hes only 21 years old still! I also think that Reddick will actually silence his critics a bit this year....nothing phenomenal but with defenses having to key on Howard and Lewis he'll get his share of open looks.

This team started great last year and faded like young teams are prone to do. Not sure if that'll happen this year.

Meh....actually I do think the line is a bit high now that I think about it more. I'd still stay away, but yeah if I had to choose a side I'd agree with you....oh well, already wrote this whole thing- might as well leave it.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:30 AM

Great call on Memphis, barring major injuries you are right and I can see them crushing this line.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Johnd - I am semi-with you on Houston. They have one hell of a talented team. The only issues are 1) will Yao and T-Mac stay healthy (T-Mac finally did for once) and 2) How will Steve Francis and Mike James do in sharing the ball. Those are two me-first PGs with big heads. Could hurt a lot of team chemistry, which is what got Houston where it went last year. They didn't have near the talent they have this year, but they all knew their role and did their role well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that T-Mac will have the ball in his hands the majority of the time across the half way line so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think this is almost the safest lock of the entire list.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:31 AM

safest is to lock, like (blank) is to Women?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the over 53.5 on houston is a lock

They won 52 last year with HUGE yao + tmac injuries plus their roster is much much improved any way you look at it this year.

houston will def be good but i dont see it as a lock. im sure there will be some adjustments coming from van ugndys
grind it out style to adelmans more open way of running offense. and houston still has a pg question. francis is def not the answer.

Edits:

- I also like the over on the hornets. Chris Paul is legit and will lead the team from a disappointing season last year to improvement

- The under looks good on the Magic. They don't have anybody with any kind of real offensive game, no way they win 40+ when their main source of scoring is howard rebound putbacks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 04:11 AM

i think toronto is the best of the bunch.
they are a v deep team.
i was thinking it would be maybe 45ish. 41.5 seems like great value to me. would be shocking to see them as
sub .500 team
i also think the atl seems a little high.
finally having a half decent pf in horford will help
but not sure its enough.
there are some others but need to thinkbout those more...
Old 10-19-2007, 06:25 AM

- Rashard lewis is greatly overrated imo, he put up decent scoring #s while on a lottery team. max contract? gg.

- The job of the houston pg is to dribble across half court and pass the ball to tmac. They don't need steve nash back there. Francis isnt the truth and probably will not be starting, just a good energy off the bench guy. They also have mike james, who is solid and not as much of a ballhog as some people think. And Rafer Alston is perfectly capable of dribbling the ball, so he will do fine too.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 AM

what do you guys think off dallas? it would be pretty shocking imo if they won less than 57.

They are bringing back the exact same team that won 67, even while coasting the last 10 games of the season.

I guess you could argue that they will be mentally beaten down this year, or that they realize the reg season doesnt matter so they'll tone it down. But I really don't think avery will allow that to happen.

Also, if they get the Kobe trade, all bets are off.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Lewis shot 39% from 3pt range and 50.5% from 2pt last year. He hits over 84% of his FTs. He rebounds well for his position. His turnovers are low for a guy that handles the ball a decent amount. Honestly I don't get to watch him a ton, but his numbers looked very good imo. What exactly don't you like about him?