Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Heroes - Hatefest 10-22-07

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Her dad might be Bob, it's the only person we know old enough in the company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charles Deveaux is the most likely by far. He even has a French last name, which points to New Orleans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, do you mean biological father? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I thought we were talking about the electric girl (the one talking on the cell to "daddy"), not the copycat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was confused by the terrible use of the quote feature by the person I responded to. I hate when people are too lazy to make their posts not be super confusing. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 01:32 AM

one thing im starting to notice that is inconsistent is that the hereditary powers sometimes are the parents power and sometimes aren't. why is it that micah can do something that is totally unrelated to DL and nikki but parkman's power is right now a less developed version of his fathers?
same with claire, her dad can fly and her mom can make fire, yet she can heal. also peter must have met lightning girl in the gap between his disappearance and being in ireland cause he has her power.

P.S. irish girl is pretty hot
Old 10-23-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing im starting to notice that is inconsistent is that the hereditary powers sometimes are the parents power and sometimes aren't. why is it that micah can do something that is totally unrelated to DL and nikki but parkman's power is right now a less developed version of his fathers?
same with claire, her dad can fly and her mom can make fire, yet she can heal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Parkman is the ONLY case where like father like son. The Haitian's dad could instill emotion, but the Haitian was different. Whatever mom & dad petrelli can do, it's obviously not the same as BOTH their sons. I actually think it's kinda lame that the Parkmen share this.

[ QUOTE ]
peter must have met lightning girl in the gap between his disappearance and being in ireland cause he has her power.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. There was a lightning girl in one of the comics, but I don't think she was blond. I guess this is the third power repeat, with Parkmen, fliers, and now lightnings.

edit: I guess it was a lightning dude.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If dad could dream-walk, then the Heroes Rules say that she gets SOME power, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. The Company knew who Claire's parents were (probably) but they said "if" she manifested and Hiro's father was hoping for him to manifest (or surprised or something). Hiro's sister has nothing. And Mohinder's sister was powered but he seems to be powerless. Presumably it's genetically a 50/50 thing that's just hit an awful lot for the sake of making things into a good soap opera. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, maybe she did have a power and died before we could find out what.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
peter must have met lightning girl in the gap between his disappearance and being in ireland cause he has her power.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was just Ted's power.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever mom & dad petrelli can do,

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure dad has no powers and is only involved in the group because he befriended Linderman in Nam.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Ted was all radiation and explosion. They've made a point of saying "lightning" over and over, so we now get the connection to Elle.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Ted was all radiation and explosion. They've made a point of saying "lightning" over and over, so we now get the connection to Elle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 AM

All,

Wow, this ep sort of didn't completely suck. And the nightmare man scene was pretty cool.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:12 AM

Ted could do EMP's, but not lightning. And that lightning guy in the comic is from the alt future.