Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 06:54 PM

Default 25NL: KK line check,; bet correct or should have checked?

Villan is 37.3/18.7/.9 over 75 hands. I have not played with her much.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.50
BB: $25.40
Hero (UTG): $32.00
UTG+1: $26.15
MP1: $24.65
MP2: $25.85
MP3: $22.05
CO: $5.40
BTN: $23.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.00, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $3.00</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $2.00

<font color="blue">With villan's 3 bet rr, I figured I had better find out if her has AA. At that point I put her on QQ+. I planned on folding if she comes back over the top or pushes. The good news was she only called, the bad news was she still can have AA. At least I get to see the flop. </font>

Flop: ($11.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, MP3 calls $6.00

<font color="blue">At first glance the flop looked bad. But then I thought would villan 3 bet me with AKs? I put her on two pairs more than anything else. So I figure I would put a probe bet and try to take control. </font>

Turn: ($23.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>

<font color="blue">I made the bet so she would fold if she does not have a spade. Looking back, I really should have checked the whole way. Any comments on my flawed logic is greatly appreciated. </font>
Old 08-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 25NL: KK line check,; bet correct or should have checked?

lol preflop is hilariously bad
Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I have folded or just called? Sorry, I'm still learning.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I have folded or just called? Sorry, I'm still learning.

[/ QUOTE ]raise more than a minireraise. Raise to $8-$10 instead of $5
Old 08-12-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made the bet so she would fold if she does not have a spade. Looking back, I really should have checked the whole way. Any comments on my flawed logic is greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]Your logic in the first sentence here is bad. You don't bet the second nuts so somebody folds, you bet it for value because you hope they'll call with worse because nobody is ever folding better. You should have checked turn and looked to get allin there.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:26 PM

wtf is with all these people looking for excuses to fold KK preflop???? You should be reraising preflop hoping she comes over the top! Then hit call as fast as you can.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 PM

Flop: ($11.35) 2 8 6 (2 Players)
Hero bets $6.00, MP3 calls $6.00

At first glance the flop looked bad. But then I thought would villan 3 bet me with AKs? I put her on two pairs more than anything else. So I figure I would put a probe bet and try to take control.

lol at putting her on two pairs
Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($11.35) 2 8 6 (2 Players)
Hero bets $6.00, MP3 calls $6.00

At first glance the flop looked bad. But then I thought would villan 3 bet me with AKs? I put her on two pairs more than anything else. So I figure I would put a probe bet and try to take control.

lol at putting her on two pairs

[/ QUOTE ]

May I say I didn't laughed so hard for a long time??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Preflop after you are re-raised, I think you gave the villian a bit too narrow of a range with QQ+, i'd say on average, you'll see JJ+,AK. This villian's stats (37.3/18.7) are loose-aggro preflop, so i'd think her range is even wider than this. In other words, you're crushing her range. Sure, she MIGHT have AA, but don't worry about that. Raise 8-9.

The flop is GOOD for you. Not the greatest mind you because it is scary for other overpair hands that you crush, but you certainly shouldn't get paranoid and not bet. You have an overpair and the second nut-flush draw. AKs is IRRELEVANT because you have the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so she cannot have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. She might have the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] though, but again, don't worry, you have a really good hand, let's get some money in and charge her to draw if she has AKo with a A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or hope she'll call with an overpair worse than yours. I would bet at least 8 on the flop, 11 would be fine too.

The turn is not really a good card. You have the second nuts which isn't too bad, but with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s on the board, you will have a hard time getting action from worse hands. I guess at this point you can check if you want to, but you shouldn't fold at these stack levels. You never know if she'll push the action with a flush worse than yours.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM

The entire flop commentary is the funniest thing I have read and probably will read all day. CazicT summed it up.