Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Default 50NL: Ai with KK on ai flop bet

I have never played with villan before and haven't played at the table for long; so there is no read. And I'm 1/3 of the way through PNL and can't recall what it says about playing short stack. I will reread it eventually but I think I played it right. But I would appreciate your comments on all lines. Thanks!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.45
BB: $49.50
UTG: $74.70
UTG+1: $22.20
MP1: $70.30
MP2: $47.50
Hero (MP3): $43.05
CO: $37.55
BTN: $51.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $3.25

<font color="blue">I rr villan's pot size raise to see where I stand. Since he did not come back I put him on PP up to JJ, AK to Ax; KQs, KJs, QJs. I guess I could have made the rr to $6-8 dollars. </font>

Flop: ($10.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets all-in for $17.20</font>, Hero calls $17.20

<font color="blue">For some reason I had the feeling the flop missed him. If he flopped trips, good for him. I think he either tried to bully me or was on some sort of draw. I'm getting roughly 2:1 so I made the call. I didn't think I was behind. Any comments is greatly appreciated. </font>
Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Ai with KK on ai flop bet

standard ... nh
Old 08-21-2007, 12:53 PM

Fine.

What did he have AQs and suckout?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Worst, A3o and sucked out. He commented later on that he was due. Unfortunatley he left before I could win my money back - grrrr.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM

what are you gonna do ... he was due
Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM

Get used to losing as a 4-1 favorite, it happens 20% of the time.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM

I had no problem with losing this one. I just wanted to make sure I did the right thing against the short stack. I'm sure I played it right - it's poker.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst, A3o and sucked out. He commented later on that he was due. Unfortunatley he left before I could win my money back - grrrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, why post this hand then? if you want advice specifically to this hand and how it played...fold flop, then you can't get sucked out on?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, why post this hand then? if you want advice specifically to this hand and how it played...fold flop, then you can't get sucked out on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was answering the question from bigbiceps. I post this hand to see if my play against the short stack was correct or not. I was specifically asking for advice on my calling the ai bet. I think the 2.5:1 odds justified my call, but wanted to get feedback from the more experienced players. If I played it wrong I would like to know also. I'm still learning and have a way to go unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang man, chill out.

I like everything about his hand. You should plan to get it all in against these guys and play the hand accordingly. AA and KK don't get tricky until you are playing for more than 100bb's IMO.