Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Best way to exploit loose OOP PF raiser

Live game, full ring - guy I play with regularly and I've relaized he raises all the time with J10s, K9s, and the like from early position, even UTG and in the blinds.

I'm thinking of course being in position on him, I'd want to loosen my calling requirements to see a flop right? Also re-raise with quality hands from position to make him pay for playing OOP right?

When he does this, he'll continuation bet pretty much 100% and he winds up pushing people out of pots and getting actual hands paid off when they hit.

I can exploit it somewhat already, just curious about what others think here and the "best" approach to such an opponent.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Best way to exploit loose OOP PF raiser

The way you suggest is best. Reraise pre w AK, QQ, JJ, TT and slowplay AA and KK to raise his flop cbet and be willing to get your stack in with tptk or better on any street. Just remember this will work only when you let him jam his money in. If you are pushing your stack in you will likely only get called when behind so remember to let him hang himself.

As far as widening your calling range I would be careful as you say he cbets 100%. If you're not calling w all pp's right now I would start doing so then play poker on flop and turn and see if you can take some pots away from him but I wouldn't recommend calling his pfr w TJs unless you are willing to ramjam too.

You will have to adjust all this as he adjusts. Also, it's live so do some voodoo, get some reads and crush him.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Best way to exploit loose OOP PF raiser

Reraise him a bunch PF in position, including with small pps. Don't just keep calling him, if he has a wide range he has to fold to a reraise from position a ton. Also if you get deep and he keeps it up, then take alot of flops and put a ton of pressure on him.