Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Building a bankroll in mtt tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well your situation is similar to mine when I made my last deposit about a month ago. I had $46, started playing $2-5$ MTTs (playing at a not-so-major site) and 10NL ring games. It took me about a week to get up to $100 and after that I played the $10 MTTs and 20NL. I cashed at about 50% of the tourneys I played, went to cash tables to grind when I was losing at the MTTs. I'm now up to $640. Although I'm not placing ITM at every tourney I play at, I have consistently improved my BR throughout November.

So yes, it is possible but it's pretty hard at first. The only thing I would recommend you doing is playing at stakes your comfortable with and w´here you can win. When you're a winning player try the next level, if you succeed there you can move up, if not just return to your previous level. At least that's what I've done.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just lucky, as well, you are the reason 10 dollar games remain soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cashing at 50% of your MTTs is a leak IMO: you're not taking enough risks before the money to accumulate chips. Hard to win an MTT when you are playing too tight in the early stages (always remember than an MTT is NOT a 9 man sit and go. MTTs are played for fisrt place, no exceptions).

I always save 100 buy ins for my MTTs and find that if I am playing my highest allowed limit... I don't play as good as when I am playing lower buy ins, where I take a lot more gambles and accumulate more chips in the process.