Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: whats the rule when a winning all-in player leaves thinking he los

Its the dealers job to say something, he announces the winning hands fool.

Correct play would be if James woods left, they stack HIS chips and blind him down.

OP is a clown.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, what is the correct etiquette for players at the table not in the hand once both hands are tabled? Speak up if one person thinks he lost but didn't, or keep your mouth shut and let the two of them and the dealer sort it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

You say something if it looks like the pot is being pushed to the wrong player.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:35 PM

Had a single-table satellite where a player incorrectly thought they were eliminated and didn't see that it was a split-pot.
We played the next hand while the first player who folded ran out and tracked him down in the hallway to tell him he still had chips.
Nobody had a problem with this and I think it's the correct thing to do.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:07 PM

lol. wow, ask a question about what the rule is and get trashed and called a whole bunch of names. all i wanted to know was what the rule is. so for those of you who play a lot of tournaments, the obvious answer was to push the chips to him because the cards were turned up and he won. okay. sounds reasonable. that is all you had to say. is it that serious that you need to throw in all the name calling? how old are all of you? i wasn't bitter about losing a total of less than 4 blinds that i won back from him less than 5 minutes later anyways. (read the details on cardplayer, event #6). we were all in again 5 minutes later and he lost. i just never had seen that situation before and was curious to what the rule was.

as far as everyone who thinks that i'm such an evil dishonest person for not saying anything, get serious. i think if a player misreads his hand, it is not the dealer or other players job to help him out in world series of poker event. if that means push his stack and blind him off than so be it. have any of you even played sports before?? do you think if derek jeter gets tagged out at the plate and the ump blows the call, that he stops and says "oh no, i'm actually out." get real. if you pay $1,500 and enter a world series event, learn to read your hand or suffer the consequences.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:12 PM

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournament...tes/7227/11263
Old 06-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Listen, James Woods has a 200 IQ and has only made 3 poker mistakes ever. Just accept the fact that his genius plan to put you on tilt worked and get over it.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Cards speak. Period. If his hand was tabled, he wins the pot, even if he transported himself to another dimension sometime between showdown and the dealer pushing the pot.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think if a player misreads his hand, it is not the dealer or other players job to help him out in world series of poker event. if that means push his stack and blind him off than so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if a player misreads a tabled hand, it is absolutely the job of the dealer to "help him out". If the dealer misreads a tabled hand, it is entirely appropriate for anyone at the table to make sure that the winning hand gets the pot.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think if a player misreads his hand, it is not the dealer or other players job to help him out in world series of poker event. if that means push his stack and blind him off than so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if a player misreads a tabled hand, it is absolutely the job of the dealer to "help him out". If the dealer misreads a tabled hand, it is entirely appropriate for anyone at the table to make sure that the winning hand gets the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
furthermore, it is inappropriate for anyone who notices an error being made to not speak up.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as everyone who thinks that i'm such an evil dishonest person for not saying anything, get serious. i think if a player misreads his hand, it is not the dealer or other players job to help him out in world series of poker event. if that means push his stack and blind him off than so be it.

have any of you even played sports before?? do you think if derek jeter gets tagged out at the plate and the ump blows the call, that he stops and says "oh no, i'm actually out."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad analogy. Here's a better one.

A football team has 4th and 1 and goes for it. The RB gets hit at the line and thinks he didn't make it. So the entire team walks to the sideline to get the defense on the field. In your opinion the ref shouldn't tell the team, "hey you made the first down, stay on the field." In reality is the ref's JOB to say if they made the first down or not.

For a tabled hand, the dealer is like the referee. It's his job to decide who wins the pot.