Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Default MY FULL TILT ACCOUNT WAS HACKED!!!! TWICE!!!!!!!!!!

I am not reporting though, since the hackers lose less money than I do.

Nineinch
Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: MY FULL TILT ACCOUNT WAS HACKED!!!! TWICE!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Nineinch

[/ QUOTE ]

haha if only that was the case with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Apparently the guy went on and hit and ran sbrugby on my account for an almost 80K pot. Would have been interesting if I had logged on right after he did that.

http://www.highstakesreport.com/repo...s-on-townsend/
Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: MY FULL TILT ACCOUNT WAS HACKED!!!! TWICE!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nineinch

[/ QUOTE ]

haha if only that was the case with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Apparently the guy went on and hit and ran sbrugby on my account for an almost 80K pot. Would have been interesting if I had logged on right after he did that.

http://www.highstakesreport.com/repo...s-on-townsend/

[/ QUOTE ]

Timing is everything. /= At least we know that person probably wasn't losing intentionally...
Old 03-27-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account hacked for $40,000

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think the source of the security breach was your computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, full tilt says it wasn't them and told me it must be my computer(the generic default keylogger excuse). I can't think of anywhere else unless it was intercepted in transmission between servers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that would kind of be a 40k admission. Big surprise they say it wasn't them, I bet they stick to that story.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get Keepass and you won't have to worry about anyone being able to hack your password.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have keepass, but I don't understand how it will prevent a hacker from keylogging you. For me, keepass is just a program that keeps all my passwords.

Barrin6
Old 03-27-2007, 04:31 PM

I watched "you" hit and run against sbrugby and thought you were just some low-stakes player taking a shot.

The thing that gets me is that yes, you may have lost some funds to legitimate players, but surely some of the funds went into a fund that the hacker had access to in some way. What would be the point of this whole endeavor otherwise? Surely there has to be some way to figure out who the accomplice was that had the chips dumped to them.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:32 PM

shahmat,

Where were you when this was happening? Would someone have access to your PC? It seems odd that this could happen over several days without you knowing. I would guess the person who did this knew you. Though he would probably have to know something about poker, too.

What stakes do you normally play? Because it seems like they knew how much was in your account.

I hate reading stuff like this. This stinks, sorry dude.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:38 PM

If money wasn't dumped somewhere and they were doing it for kicks, it must have been easy.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thing that gets me is that yes, you may have lost some funds to legitimate players, but surely some of the funds went into a fund that the hacker had access to in some way. What would be the point of this whole endeavor otherwise? Surely there has to be some way to figure out who the accomplice was that had the chips dumped to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are exactly my thoughts.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shahmat,

Where were you when this was happening? Would someone have access to your PC? It seems odd that this could happen over several days without you knowing. I would guess the person who did this knew you. Though he would probably have to know something about poker, too.

What stakes do you normally play? Because it seems like they knew how much was in your account.

I hate reading stuff like this. This stinks, sorry dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, ya it's brutal. I think I may have been home when this happened, I'm not 100% sure, I'm still waiting to get the hand history details from full tilt so I can find out exactly when everything happened. They have been very slow on giving this to me. I did go out Friday and Saturday night for the majority of the night so I may have been gone at those times. But Full Tilt has told me that they logins didn't come from my IP Address but rather from quite a few different ones, in different parts of the country(Canada). I usually play 25/50NL, but had played very little this month on Full Tilt.