Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:30 PM

Default how is it possible that i\'m the only one who noticed a 30k chip error

first of all, i don't know why they insist on trying to remove chips from play while play is still going on. i know they are trying to save time later, but you are only asking for problems. plus, it is very distracting in the middle of a hand. so here is what happened. when we were down to 3 tables yesterday in the 1k no limit event, we re-drew for seats. i have no idea why, and the new table was pretty much the same people except we all switched seats. since i just played my blind, i didn't like that so much or even understand the point for that matter. it wasted a lot of time as everyone had to rack up all their chips to just move a few seats away. so then the floorman says that you can leave the $100 chips racked because they are coming off the table on the next level anyways. well, during one of the hands, the floorman bought 3 racks of them from the guy next to me and gave him 30,000 in yellows. i wasn't really paying that close of attention and either was anyone else because like i said, this was in the middle of a hand. about 10 minutes later i noticed the 3 racks of chips were still on the table. i asked the guy next to me if those were the chips he already sold. he kinda pretended that he didn't hear me so then i knew for sure. so i told the dealer and he called the floor over and the floor removed the chips. the other players didn't really know what was going on. and the guy next to me said "he didn't forget, he was going to come back." oh really??? when?? he obviously forgot and to me that just seems unacceptable.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: how is it possible that i\'m the only one who noticed a 30k chip error

Did the floorman buy all the $100 chips? If so, it would be pretty obvious if/when the guy tried to bet with them and no one else had any.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: how is it possible that i\'m the only one who noticed a 30k chip er

[ QUOTE ]
Did the floorman buy all the $100 chips? If so, it would be pretty obvious if/when the guy tried to bet with them and no one else had any.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. in fact, no one else even saw him give the guy 30k in yellow. it was in the middle of a hand. i only saw because it was right next to me. he was only trying to remove some of them to save time later. we still needed them as the ante was $400 on the current round.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:34 AM

Default Re: how is it possible that i\'m the only one who noticed a 30k chip er

bump for everyone who is wondering how the extra chips got in play.
Closed Thread