Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: I propose a new poker rule

"Cardrooms also need to clearly post rules of ettiquette in giant letters where all can see them. "

YES.
I see dealers and other players complaining about the idiots who don't know a damn thing all the time.
Well, it's all some secret code that you're supposewd to learn as you go. So obviously with all the new players coming to the game there are going to be mistakes.
The fact that experienced players also don't even know what the hell they are doing a lot of the time and make up the most ridiculous stuff should really tell you something.

stop keeping everything such a secret. DIRECTLY TELL the players what the rules and etiquette are by spelling it out for them.

Throw in a part about how the rules are there to make the game friendly and understandable for everyone and include something about how angle-shooting isn't tolerated either.

etc etc etc.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
include something about how angle-shooting isn't tolerated either.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes it is
Old 11-03-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought that a KITN is the standard remedy for these sorts of problems. Has anything changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a KITN is a good solution for this problem - the problem of OP posting a moronic idea.

OP: Tell seat 6 to keep his eyes on the action, and meanwhile you can ponder the effect that your suggested right-hand rule would have on seat 4 - and plan your next idiotic contribution (a "no hands" rule? or "don't look, don't tell"?)
Old 11-03-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: i got a better idea

[ QUOTE ]
Cardrooms also need to clearly post rules of ettiquette in giant letters where all can see them. I see rooms with 35 or more rules written real small on a plaque in the back, but even then, basic ettiquette is not discussed. There should be a highly visible plaque with about 5-7 basics of ettiquette in every room. It should be located so that no one can possibly miss it. Other information can be posted in the back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, etiquette (or perhaps game protection) policies, guidelines and/or rules on one poster is simply too much clutter and tends to be be ignored. But a cardroom that narrows such a poster down to a half dozen or so prominently displayed core items needs to make sure they pick the most important ones. In other words post the five or six that:

- are frequently violated

- many customers may be unaware of

- really impact the game negatively when violated.

My observation is Los Angeles area clubs usually get it wrong (e.g., focusing on the relatively harmless rabbit hunting).

~ Rick
Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell seat 6 to keep his eyes on the action, and meanwhile you can ponder the effect that your suggested right-hand rule would have on seat 4

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think seat 4 has ever gone out of turn in the history of poker because he couldn't see seat 5 had cards.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell seat 6 to keep his eyes on the action, and meanwhile you can ponder the effect that your suggested right-hand rule would have on seat 4

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think seat 4 has ever gone out of turn in the history of poker because he couldn't see seat 5 had cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...they would if they could
Old 11-04-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
include something about how angle-shooting isn't tolerated either.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes it is

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you can SAY that it isn't!!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: i got a better idea

[ QUOTE ]
My observation is Los Angeles area clubs usually get it wrong (e.g., focusing on the relatively harmless rabbit hunting).

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be somewhat cynical, but I think that poker rooms don't like rabbit hunting because it slows their drop.