Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Suited connectors, a lunatic, and the button

[ QUOTE ]
You want a maniac on your right because you want to know what he will do before you act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you can accomplish this just as well if he's on your left along with acting last against the table(if he's a true maniac). Which is where I like to have him seated.

b
Old 08-26-2007, 07:43 PM

i call all day with these SCs in these multiway pots.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM

it should be noted that a player like that offers a healthy increase in implied odds.

if i have the button and the pots going to be multiway i'm playing all of those hands. if i have a King or higher i'm isolating the [censored] out of him.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:24 PM

You're not kidding about the increase in implied odds. That's the main thing that led me to call all the hands.

Also, with the maniac in front of me, it was very easy to face the field with 2 cold practically at will if I flopped any sort of hand. It's true that everyone will check to the maniac, but when he bets and I raise, it gets pretty hard for people to draw (a few times he'd popped me back and I went to four bets instantly...the old asian lady at the table was making a running count (3) of how many times I had made her fold the winner by raising with "junk").

In other news...How bout them Steelers? Looked awesome last night, albeit against an NFC team.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not kidding about the increase in implied odds. That's the main thing that led me to call all the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember that benefits of implied odds are also directly affected by how much you put in preflop.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 01:49 PM

I think my OP could have more concisely read: Do I have the implied odds to pay 2 bets pf in this situation. Bernie, since you're in the well, what do you think?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM

After a slow start it looks like Big Ben is getting his mojo back, but you have to wonder how he'll do after he takes another couple of big hits this year. I think the motorcycle wreck last year knocked some screws loose that were never tightened fully. Also, the steelers just aren't the same without Cowher spitting on the sidelines.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my OP could have more concisely read: Do I have the implied odds to pay 2 bets pf in this situation. Bernie, since you're in the well, what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

QTs is an easy call.

One main factor is how the others play postflop. Your position with these hands in relation to the lunatic kinda sucks. Which limits your implieds a bit. That and no real high card value, the lesser hands are marginal. But with the button and the rest of the table being predictable and an unlikely 3 bet behind you, you probably don't lose much coming in with them. Probably about even, overall.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 02:27 PM

Yeah pair value matters here. With QTs the maniac frequently helps you because you get to raise flops like T37.